Chapter Twenty Three

The rest of Hoseok's men are pulled out of the building, keeping the group safe. There are a few with minor injuries, nothing life threatening.

"Where's Hoseok and Yoongi?" Jimin questions, helping Jin take care of the injured men. Namjoon looks back, pressing a cloth against Jungkook's wound. "He was right behind me. I don't know what happened."

The two leaders who lead a group to save them walks up, one working on loading their gun

The two leaders who lead a group to save them walks up, one working on loading their gun. "Who's missing?" The older of the two asks, concern written on his face. "Hoseok."

A sigh leaves his mouth, looking over to his partner. "I'll go back." The younger of the two grabs his arm, "Gong Yoo.." He shakes his head, "It will take more than one person to kill me, Wook."

The younger sighs, watching him walk off.

-

"It's time for this bitter feud to end. One of us is not walking out of here alive," Hoseok states, pushing Yoongi further behind him.

"I agree," Min Sung smirks, pulling the hammer back. "And it's not going to be you." His finger finally pulling the trigger. Yoongi tries to pull the younger out of the way, but he's stern. He takes the hit, feeling the bullet hit his left shoulder. He winces, but still remains to stand. He pulls the trigger on his own pistol, hitting Min Sung in the forehead.

The bullet flies through the man's head. It's as if time slowed down, Yoongi watching the bullet pierce the man's skull. The gun falls from the leader of the Silence's hand, his body soon following. Yoongi stands there, watching the light leave his father's eyes.

He's brought from his mind as gunshots start to pick back up. "Yoongi! Come on!" Hoseok pulls him in front of him, sending him forward. Hoseok lets out a cuss word, the enemy closing in on them. A bullet hits his thigh from the back, pain shooting through him. He keeps up with the older.

The exit is close. They are almost there. Just a few more steps. The sunlight is shining in, making everything seem hopeful. Right as they reach their goal, it's blocked by someone. Hoseok lifts his gun, ready to shoot.

"Woah. Calm down. It's just me. Dunk." It's Gong Yoo. A sigh of relief leaves Hoseok's mouth as grabs Yoongi's arm and pulls him out of the building. The two make it to their escape, Gong Yoo close behind them. They all climb into the vehicles.

Hoseok lets out a sigh, laying his head back onto the seat. He feels a hand hold onto his own, intertwining their fingers together. A smile forms on his lips. Everyone is finally safe.

His eyes start to slip closed, exhaustion starting to catch up to him. "If you even think about dying, I'm going to drag you back down here and kill you myself."

"Hyung, I'm not going to die. Relax." He laughs softly, opening his eyes and looking over at the older. To be honest, he looked like shit. Dry blood coated his forehead along with his torso. He was definitely going to need some stitches with some of the cuts. He doesn't know how his hyung is still conscious right now.

He squeezes the other's hand. "You just have to promise me to stay alive too."

-

They all arrive at the base, Jin rushing the injured ones into the infirmary. Hoseok had managed to stop the bleeding in his thigh while Yoongi stopped the bleeding in his shoulder for him.

The two helped one another into the house, slow but still moving. The first order of business was to take care of everyone's injuries. Jin had contacted a few of the other medics in the mafia group to come help. That's what the next few hours consisted of.

-
A few days pass, things seeming to be at a fast pace. Just because they had taken care of the enemy, they had loose ends to tie up. Yoongi spent a good amount of time in the infirmary, having to be stitched up and given some blood. He's in pretty bad shape, but he's still breathing.

Jungkook made sure to give him some company, having to stay in the infirmary too. Hoseok should also be in there, having lost a lot of blood, but when has ever listened to Seokjin. (That's a lie. He doesn't go against his hyung's wishes but duty calls.)

He sits behind his desk, one arm in a sling as he reads over the papers that keep coming in. He's exhausted, wanting to sleep for the next week preferably. That hasn't been possibly yet. He still needs to settle everything, take out the rest of the silence.

Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook have been covering grounds, taking out those who still saunter around. Big Bang helps, mainly doing any drug bust left over. Monsta X returned to their base in Changdong. They promised to keep in touch. That still doesn't give Hoseok time to breathe, time to finally sit back and say "it's done with."

He lets out a breath, wanting to rest. Even if it means for thirty minutes. He closes his eyes for a moment, standing up from his desk. He knows what he wants to do now, he hasn't had the time to even considered going yet.

-

"Has he even slept since we've been back?" Yoongi questions, looking over at Jin who just walked in. The oldest sighs, shaking his head and checking Yoongi'a wounds.

"There's too much for him to finish up. I just got word that he left the base though. I have feeling where to." He stands up, unhooking the IV from Yoongi. "Go be with him. Tell Taehyung and Jimin to take you."

Yoongi nods, pulling the covers off his legs and goes to clean up. He is quick to finish, running his fingers through his hair as he makes his way down the stairs. He pulls a jacket on, heading to the garage. He doesn't even have to find the two young lovebirds, seeing Taehyung standing at one of the vehicles. A smile graces his lips, seeing the younger. "I expected you to be here soon."

He chuckles, opening the back door and sliding in. "He really needs you right now, hyung."

Yoongi just hums, pulling his seat belt on and stares out the window. "I know. I need him just as much."

___________________________________________________

Word Count: 1,069