Chapter Eight

Two hours into the trip, the two finally pull over at a gas station. Jimin leans over, shaking Taehyung's shoulder to wake him. "Love, wake up."

The younger groans, pulling his head up from the window and sitting up. He rubs at his eyes, trying to rid of the sleep. "Where are we?" He looks over at the other, seeing him on his phone as he types a message back to someone. "We are about two hours away. I need to fill the car up and use the bathroom."

Taehyung hums, unbuckling and getting out of the car. He comes around, opening the gas tank. Jimin steps out, pouting when he sees Tae already getting the gas. "Taetae, I was going to do that." The younger shoots him off inside and tells him he will join him soon.

Jimin heads into the market, making his way back to the bathrooms. He quickly relives himself and washes his hands. He comes out, heading over to the snacks. An arm soon wraps around his waist, making him relax some.

"Wait long?" A kiss is pressed to his cheek, making a small smile appear on his lips. "No. Are you going to get anything?"

"Get me a coffee. I'll drive the rest of the way. I'm running to the bathroom first," Taehyung kisses the top of his head and pats his shoulder before leaving to the bathroom. He watches the other walk to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He sighs, looking back at the snacks in front of him. He feels on edge, like he always does as they near his old home.

He walks over to the coffee station, grabbing a cup and pouring a cup for Tae. He fixes it the way the other likes it, stirring it and putting the lid on top of it. He heads up to the counter to pay for everything. He got himself a drink from one of the coolers and a snack, enough to make it for the rest of the drive. A granola bar is placed by the other snacks, making him look up to see the younger smiling down at him.

He smiles back and pulls his wallet out to pay for everything. Once they grab their things, they had out to the car. Jimin hands the keys over to the younger and they set back out for Busan. They still had a little over two hours of a drive. He is dreading every moment of it. He really doesn't want to go back but it comes with being part of the mafia.

He had to do the missions that are set for him. Hoseok chose him for a reason and he has to follow through. His gaze goes to the outside, watching the trees pass by them. Sleep wasn't really an option for him, he doesn't do that on car rides. That is why he always volunteers to drive. It keeps him occupied, his mind elsewhere. He doesn't want to remember the past.

-

Hoseok reloads the handgun, lifting it back up to hit the target in front of him

Hoseok reloads the handgun, lifting it back up to hit the target in front of him. His mind replaying the words in his head.

"We found your father, sir." The other person almost seems nervous to finish his sentence.

"Well, where is he?"

Another clip. Empty. Another reloaded.

"I don't think he was meant to be in this condition. It looks some disobeyed orders."

He feels his insides freeze, his grip tightening on the phone. Tears start to form in his eyes.

"Where is he?" He seethes out, anger fueling his words.

It's not enough. He grabs another gun, a revolver this time. He continues to shoot at the target until every bullet lands. in. the. center. He lets out a shot, throwing the empty revolver onto the counter. He pulls the protective gear from his head, hanging it back up. His hands shake, panic coursing through his mind.

"Sir, Mr. Jung is dead. There's no pulse. I'm sorry. We weren't quick enough."

He slides down the wall, tears sliding down his cheeks as he has trouble to breathe. It's his fault. He should've went after his father. The panic grips at him, the pressure tightening on his lungs. He suddenly can't breathe and starts to claw at his throat.

Someone places their hands onto his shoulders, making him look up. His vision is blurry, making it difficult to see the person in front of him. "Seokie, you need to breathe. Listen to my voice and concentrate on it."

Seokie.

"H..Hyung.." he manages to breathe out, his voice broken. The older runs his fingers through the younger's hair, trying to help him relax. "You need to calm down. Try to focus on your surroundings." Hoseok wipes the tears from his eyes, his breathing still irregular as he looks around the room. He counts the targets in the shooting range, his breathing starting to slow down. He looks down at his hands, counting his fingers and moving them.

Slowly, he starts to calm down. His body starts to relax, nearly relaxing into his hyung's touch. He looks back up, meeting the other's gaze again. "How do you feel?"

He crouches down, lifting one hand off of his shoulder and wiping the tears from his cheeks. "I'm okay now," he lets out a breath, his hands still shaking. The older stands, bringing Hoseok up from the floor with him. "Let's go get you something to drink. It will help."

He follows after Yoongi, wiping the leftover tears from his face and tries to make himself look presentable before getting upstairs. He walks over to the fridge, pulling a water bottle out and sits down at the bar. The elder watches him from beside the kitchen sink, his eyes full of worry and concern for the younger. But he knows. He knows what happened. Someone messed up and screwed everything up.

Now, Jung Ji Sub is dead and his group is at fault. He told them not to harm a single hair on the man and they did anyway. Without permission too.

So, of course, that's why Hoseok is like this. That's why he had a mental breakdown. He will hunt down the person that is at cause for his father's death. He won't give up until that person is dead. A bullet through their head.

Yoongi knows very well what trouble he has caused but, Hoseok doesn't.

________________________________

Word Count: 1,071