Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw

I hadn't left this spot since classes had ended, not even realizing that I had missed dinner entirely. My stomach hadn't even growled once. I had two papers and an assignment all due Monday, but I had all weekend for those. Today, I would let myself relax. I had only started this book today and I was already half way through, which might have explained my forgetting about dinner.

I had heard the walls slide open a dozen times this hour alone, housemates scampering back and forth up the stairs to their rooms, grabbing books and bags from the table next to me, so when I heard the familiar noise of the entrance scraping the stone floor lowly and footsteps approaching, I didn't even flinch. I was in a light gray arm chair that faced the fireplace with my feet kicked over the arm rest, back to the entrance of the common room. In hindsight, a terrible idea.

As soon as the hands found their way around my eyes, I let out a blood curdling scream and felt my book drop to the floor.

"Woah, woah! It's me, Cassy, it's only me!" He laughed. I placed the voice before I saw him, finally whipping my head to face the red head.

"Fred, what the fu..." I trailed off in a huff, bending from my chair to reach for my book but Fred beat me to it, his fingers closing around the hard-cover and glancing at the front for the title.

"Are you reading... for fun?" He mocked, taking a seat on the couch next to mine.

"Well, I was." I leaned over in my spot to reach for my book but he yanked it out of my reach. "You can't just come in here whenever you please!" I crossed my arms in an attempt to look cross.

"But I just did." He gave a cheeky smile and poked at my feet hanging off the chair, forcing me to tuck them under myself.

"Mhm, may I have my book back?"

"I came all the way down here, and you just want to read?" He skimmed the back of the book where the synopsis was. "Les Miserables. You're reading a book literally called The Miserable ones?"

"It's considered one of the greatest novels of the ninteenth century, and it's a very old copy so if I may-" I finally snatched the book from his grip, setting it in my lap before returning my gaze to him.

"You weren't at dinner. I just figured-" He started.

"Just figured you'd do some casual breaking and entering."

"We've been through this, I haven't broken anything. I simply enter. Not my fault some confused Hufflepuff will show just about anyone how to get through the door-" He fell into a fit of laughter when I lunged for him, holding his hands up in defense as if I was going to hit him. "Okay, sorry sorry! Have mercy!"

He peeked an eye out from between his fingers and let his guard down when he saw me back in my seat. I opened my book again, not planning to read with him here, but hoping at least to find my spot for later. I flipped through the pages, pretending that I couldn't feel Fred's eyes on me until I finally found the scene I had been interrupted from, folding the corner down.

"Well anyways, like I said, you weren't at dinner."

I sighed over-dramatically and set the book on the table in front of us, finally looking to him with a smirk.

"Looking for me always, Freddie?"

"No." He huffed, "You've been known to get a bit lost now and then, and you're quite clumsy! Thought you could be dead at the bottom of the staircase."

I shook my head, hoping to hide my amused smile beneath a glare.

"I just want to know if you've eaten."