Acedemic Achievement

Fred

I pulled her warm hand through the chilly tunnel, hearing her laugh echo behind me as she tried not to trip on the loose boards which were staggered through the dirt now. We would have to be quick now, in the chaos of the Hogsmeade trip ending, the shop keepers would hardly notice us slip through the back door.

I pulled myself up to the dim storeroom, definitely noticing the lack of Quidditch these days. I was aching for a work out, I had even considered, very briefly, a jog. Standing up, I leaned down to pull the blonde up behind me, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she broke the rules, something I prided myself in being able to pull out of her.

"A prefect, breaking into the cellar of Honeydukes when she ought to be rallying the troops back to the castle-" I could no longer contain my laugh at her attempted glare.

We stepped lightly up the stairs, listening for any indication that the crowds had dispersed from. the busy shop before finally inching out from the cracked doorway and fleeing to the street.

"My little rebel." I teased, noticing the way she kept glancing behind us nervously.

"Only for you. Consider it your Valentines Day gift."

"I thought our time in your dormitory was a perfectly good gift-" I winked, ducking inside the Three Broomsticks before she could get a smack in.

The pub was crowded for Valentine's day, but no longer with students. The last two seventh year Ravenclaws tossing some coins on the bar and hurrying off to check in at the school before they lost points. The tables were all packed now with whiskey drinking wizards and witches laughing light heartedly at their poor attempts at jokes. I lead Cass over towards an empty booth near the back, just in case there was a spare Professor lagging behind.

"Hi you two, Happy Valentines Day." A young looking witch appeared beside us, sparkling pink hearts swirling around her head like a halo. I was thankful, for once, that Madam Rosmerta was behind the bar and not waiting on us. Even if I knew she would never turn me in, I knew Cassidy would have been stressed the whole night about getting caught. "Start you with something to drink?"

"Two butter beers and two shots of fire whiskey, please." I didn't look at Cass, hoping the young witch wouldn't question her age if I played it cool.

"Sure thing." She hurried off to the bar, bottles flying into her hand the second she neared them.

"You're going all out on rule breaking tonight, huh?" Cassidy whispered, as if anyone could hear her over the chatter in the pub.

"Me? I'm of age. I'm breaking no rules." I grinned at her silence as the waitress returned, setting our drinks before us.

"Ready to order, or just drinking tonight?" She asked.

"Ready, darling?" I asked, my voice dripping in sarcasm as I watched Cassy's cheeks flush pink.

"After you, dear." She scanned her menu quickly, although I suspected it had more to do with avoiding the waitresses eye at this point.

Once we ordered, the menus flying from our hands and settling back into their place behind the bar, I glanced at the beautiful girl in front of me.

"What?" She frowned, suspiciously.

"Just love you." I shrugged.

"Hmm..." Her eyebrows arched slightly as she watched me, leaning in for a sip of her drink through the long pink straw. "I love you t- Fred!"

Her face lit up for a moment as the picture snapped before I yanked the camera out of her reach.

"I regret ever buying you that!" She sank back into her seat, defeated, watching the picture print, shapes and colors slowly coming into focus. "You have to give me a heads up first!"