12 Grimmauld Place

Six Weasley's stood before me on a deserted, yet beautifully up kept street on yet another abysmally hot Saturday morning. Arthur and Molly were scanning the houses around us, as if they had forgotten where we were headed while the twins rocked eagerly on their heels, waiting for their chance to meet the previously alleged serial killer behind one of these doors.

"Alright then Molly, looks as clear as we're gonna get." Arthur said, his voice sounding tired even on his days off from work.

Before anyone could speak another word, Molly was rummaging through her oversized bag and pulling out a crumpled piece of paper, handing it to Fred.

"Read that, in your head, memorize it, and pass it on." She instructed, as if those were the most simple and ordinary words to come out of anyone's mouth.

"Alright, then." Fred mumbled, sounding amused before passing the paper to George.

"What are we doing here? It's hot as all-" Ron trailed off at his mothers glare. Finally, George pressed the page into my hands, and I scanned over the slanted writing a few times.

The Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve Grimmauld Place, London.

I scanned the letter a second and a third time, confusion pushed to the back of my mind, just trying to memorize the words as we had been told before handing it off to Ron.

"What's the Order of-" He started immediately.

"Shh!" Fred, George and Molly all rang out at once.

"Honest, Ron, we're never going to find out at this rate!" George shot him a look.

Now Ginny had looked up from her page, holding it out to Molly, and with a sizzle, the paper began to disintegrate as if it had caught fire.

"Alright everyone look this way!" Arthur said, nodding towards the rows of houses before us. "Think about what you just memorized."

The Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve Grimmauld Pl-

"Bloody Hell-" Fred and George's voice rang out as a large black door appeared before us, floating in the center between the 11th and 13th houses. A few steps fell out from beneath it as windows popped up on each side, the townhouses on either side moving apart without so much as a sound.

"Can they feel that?" I asked, glancing in through the windows of the adjoining houses.

"They've no idea." Arthur smiled excitedly as he led the rest of us towards the door now that the full house was exposed and no longer expanding.

He pushed the door open without a seconds pause, waving us all through as if worried that we would be spotted in the doorway of the previously invisible house.

"Alright, kids." He spoke again once the door was shut behind Molly, who was looking around with pursed lips. "Welcome to Grimmauld Place."

"And this is..." Ron started slowly, looking around us.

"Sirius." Arthur grinned as a tall, skinny man with black curls appeared in the hall.

"Arthur, Molly, welcome back." He smiled, although it looked odd on his hollow face, and reached out to shake hands with Mr. Weasley.

As my eyes adjusted from the outside world into this new dim one, I could finally make out my surroundings. The carpet was dark and dirty, as if hundreds of feet had crossed it since it had last been cleaned. Dozens of oil lamps burned low along the walls displaying peeling old fashioned wall paper.

"Sirius, I'm not sure you've met all of the Weasley's." Arthur began, glancing over to us all.

"Only a few, I'm afraid. Hello Ron." He shot the boy a warm smile.