The Tri-Wizard Tournament

"Come on, hurry up!" Maddie shouted as the three of us followed on her heels up the stairs. We wouldn't be nearly as late if Maddie hadn't already changed her outfit three times in the short amount of time we had been given between class and the other school's arrival.

"How are they even getting here?" Hannah asked as we joined the back of the group which had formed at the entrance to the castle.

"Train? Has to be! How else?" Bri speculated as we shoved our way through the bodies to get closer to the front. After a lot of work we were nearly to the front, finding a clearing of space off to the side through two pillars.

"No way they're coming on the train. I bet it'll be something magical." Maddie speculated, hopping up on the stone and taking a seat for a better view of the grounds.

"Hey," A new voice sounded from behind us and I whipped around to see our visitor.

"Hey Cedric." I smiled, watching Maddie's focus shift completely onto the new addition.

"How do you think they're getting here?" Cedric asked, moving closer into our group and asking the same question we had asked only moments before.

"That's what we were just talking about!" Hannah smiled.

"Maddie thinks they'll all ride in on unicorns." Bri teased earning a glare from our friend still perched on the windowsill.

"Stranger things have happened." She bit back, turning back to the sky.

"How have your classes been?" Cedric asked softer this time, facing me.

"Pretty good actually. I like them. How about you?"

"Really good. Learning a lot, Moody was strange at first but I really like him. Like, I actually feel like we're learning what that class is supposed to be about."

I nodded, not wanting to get into this subject again before we heard something in the distance, something that sounded like an airplane to me. No way any of the magical schools would travel this way.

That's when I saw it. Something massive flying in the distance, giant winged horses flying through the sky, their wings flapping nearly in sync as they lugged an equally huge powder blue carriage behind them.

"Bloody Hell." Cedric mumbled, all of our eyes glued to the sky.

"Unicorns!" Maddie squealed, spinning to face Bri. "Unicorns! Don't you look stupid." She sang, earning a laugh from the rest of us.

Once the carriage had landed and the horses had stopped moving, aside from the slight flicks of their tails, the door opened and out stepped the largest woman, possibly the largest person I had ever seen. From this distance, I wasn't sure who was bigger, her or Hagrid, but it would have been a close call.

"If she's entering the tournament, I'm not." Cedric muttered under his breath and I clapped my hands over my mouth to stifle my laugh.

Once she had taken a few steps out, a neat line of girls followed her, practically floating across the walkway. Not just girls. The most beautiful girls I had ever seen. For a second, I thought back to the Veela Mascots from the World Cup, although these girls skin wasn't glowing as the Veela's had. Still, almost every student, guys and girls, had fallen into complete silence, watching the girls follow their headmistress to greet Dumbledore, their matching powder blue dresses twirling in the breeze.

I snuck a peek at Cedric, his mouth hung open slightly, but part of him seemed to be scanning over the new students, analyzing them almost. I thought back to his comment about the larger women and realized what he was doing.