Birthday Party

"Olsen, wait up!" The matching voices called, and I spun to face their owners, my face lighting up at the sight of them. Fred had been nearly the only thing on my mind the past few days, even more than usual, since his birthday was tomorrow. Well, their birthday was tomorrow. I had thought long and hard over what I was going to get for George, knowing that whatever I gave him wouldn't come close to the broomstick I was giving Fred, but not wanting to only gift one of them for their birthday.

"What now?" I smirked as they caught up to me on the winding path outside.

"Can't be walking around alone, young lady, you know that!" George lectured, sliding up on my left as Fred joined my right.

"You're lucky we don't turn you in."

"That's rich, coming from you two." I scoffed, noticing the trio talking heatedly on a hill not far from us.

"No one would bother us, Cassidy." Fred puffed out his chest as George showed off his biceps that were nearly invisible under his winter robes.

"Right, of course." I nodded as we approached Harry, Ron and Hermione. When we got closer, I could see what their attention was on: Draco Malfoy and his no good friends.

"-quite so pathetic? And he's supposed to be our teacher!" The blonde haired boy laughed out  his words, his friends egging him on before my jaw dropped nearly to the dirt on the ground. Hermione had crossed to the boys in a few short steps, her hand colliding with Malfoy's jaw, the sound echoing around the grounds.

"Bloody Hell!" George exclaimed, both twins starting a jog towards the trio, obviously expecting Malfoy to retaliate, but slowing again when he and his 'backup' scurried away, not looking back.

"Hermione!" Ron shouted, looking appalled when we approached them.

"He was saying horrible things about Hagrid." The brunette looked to be on the verge of tears.

"That was awesome, Mione." I looked at her with pride, yet slightly shocked. I didn't know if I would have had the guts to hit someone like Malfoy, with practically his entire house and his pure blood family as his back up.

"Nicely done, Hermione, honestly." Fred nodded at her, matching smiles painted on the twins faces.

"Yeah, we always knew you were braver than this lot." George gestured to Ron and Harry who glared in his direction.

"You guys better beat them in the Quidditch final," She sounded stern, "You have to, because I can't stand it if Slytherin wins."

"Don't worry, Hermione, they'll win." I said, without thinking, wanting to slap my hand over my mouth as soon as the words come out.

"Oh, how can you be so sure, Cassy?" Fred raised his eyebrows, looking down at me.

I shrugged. "I just have faith. So don't let me down!" I joked, trying to save myself from giving away my secret.

I dragged my eyes open, feeling more tired than I had when I had first gotten into bed. I had barely slept last night, every few hours waking up in nervous anticipation. Because how do you give someone a present like this and not make them think you're in love with them?

Still, he deserved it.

When the sun had begun to creep through the windows, I finally let myself get out of bed, pulling on my sweater over a long sleeve shirt, knowing the divination and astronomy towers were always cold this time of year.

The thought of sitting through three classes today before I got to see Fred sounded horrendous, but the sooner my day started the sooner it could be over.