The Wedding

I sat at the kitchen table, pushing the remaining strawberry slices around in my bowl, listening to Bill and Arthur assure Molly that they would be home right after work, and not to worry. They had taken to leaving at the same time every morning, the general fear of Death Eaters lying in wait just beyond the protective borders of the Burrow had revived the buddy system for everyone. Even the Order members who dropped in throughout the day tried to leave together now.

"They're off. Safe." Molly spoke, partially to herself as she re-entered the kitchen. Still, I was grateful for the update. I didn't want to interrupt their goodbyes, watching them walk off to work every morning like Molly did, but they were still my family. Fred's father, Fred's oldest brother. The two people I knew he looked up to most in the world. "Are those berries alright? It's been so cold the past few nights, I think they might just be-"

"They're good Molly." I insisted with a smile, taking another bite of my breakfast as proof. She nodded to herself, setting the dishrag in her hands on the counter before sitting beside me at the table, taking one of my hands in hers.

"Cassidy, dear..." She began, and my stomach sank. What had happened? Everyone was safe in bed, aside from the two Weasley's we had just said goodbye to. "Ronald seems to think that he, Harry and Hermione are going on some trip. Not going back to school this year."

My eyes shot to hers in shock, yet she was watching me as if I was in on some terrible secret.

"What?" I asked, softly.

"You don't know anything about that?" Her expression changed now, looking more worried than upset.

"No, I haven't heard... I mean... I haven't seen Ron much this summer..." I muttered, feeling guilty now for all of my hours with the twins. "I can ask Fred and George?"

"Yes, that was next on my to-do list." She sighed, brushing her hands on her apron. "I'm sure I'll get nothing out of them, so I might need to recruit you again. Will you let me know if you hear anything? They have to go back to school, Cassidy, you understand, don't you? They've come so far, they can't just drop out. And wherever they think they're going, it's too dang-"

"Morning." Fred had slipped into the kitchen without a sound, his hand landing in my hair, ruffling it carelessly before pulling me towards him and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Molly had trailed off now, heading over to make Fred a plate for breakfast as he fell into his spot next to me.

"Remus is going to bring some polyjuice potion tomorrow, he said it's nearly ready." Molly said to us, though she was still facing the counter, piling sausages and eggs onto Fred's plate, finally setting it before him.

"For what?" He asked, looking confused, his eyes still drooping from sleep.

"The wedding? We only have four more days, there's so much to do. Maybe I ought to get you some coffee, dear, you look much too tired for the day I have planned." Fred's mouth slipped into a grimace.

"Who needs polyjuice potion for a wedding? Can Fleur not stand to look at Bill another second?" He grinned now, elbowing me as I shook my head. Molly shot him a signature glare.

"We can't very well let all of our guests know that Harry's here, can we?" She answered, sounding frustrated now. "And I thought it might be a good idea if we could disguise you too, Cassidy. It's up to you, obviously, but if Harry really did hear your mothers name the other night-"

"Yes, that's fine. I'll... we can do that." I nodded, looking back to the strawberries on the table again. This was the first time that Molly had mentioned my mother.