Selwyn

Select which of the following events in which a wizard runs the risk of having their magic stolen by muggles:

I resisted another eye roll, feeling quite confident that one more would lodge my gaze permanently into my skull. It had already been twenty minutes, and my exam had not a single answer bubbled in. I glanced over to Hannah, her knuckles white as her grip tightened around her quill, Neville's head rested on one of his hands.

I made my selection, hoping to have picked the wrong answer, although how any of the options could be considered right was beyond me. Flipping the paper back to the front, I hurried to circle incorrect answers down the page before signing my name in large curled letters at the top. Cassidy Olsen.

I rose from my spot, everyone's gaze snapping up towards me as I dropped my parchment on the desk, Alecto's eyes widening in surprise.

"Done already?" She marched towards the exam, scanning over it for only a second before her fingers tightened around my arm, the paper crumpling in her fist.

"What the bloody hell is this?" She growled, her eyes growing dark.

"I'm sorry, Professor..." I began with a shrug, "I'm wretched at exams."

"You listen here, girl." Her voice rang through the room, everyone's eyes wide, Neville only half in his seat, his eyes trained on both of us. I could feel her nails tearing through my skin, though I wasn't sure it was even intentional. "We've gone easy on you, for your mum. But I'm not joking around anymore. You'll do your assignments that you're set, and you'll leave that filthy muggle's name off your papers and out of your mouth, do you hear me?"

I held back a grin, "I tried my very best..." I blinked innocently at her, watching the rage boil over in her eyes as she dropped my arm. I didn't even notice her raise her wand, my gaze set on the dark red fingerprints pressed into my skin before I heard the spell. There was a moment of silence as I soared through the air before a sickening crack rang out and I sunk to the floor, pain shooting through down my shoulder before a numb took over.

"Cassidy!" Neville was already on his feet, pulling me from the ground as Alecto returned to her seat.

"Mr. Longbottom, you will return to your exam, please." She spoke calmly.

"I won't, thanks." He grumbled, looping an arm around my back, a frown pulling to his lips as I hissed in pain.

"Neville, just-"

"She needs to go to the hospital wing, because you bloody broke her arm." He cut me off, Alecto's eyes lighting up again at the possibility of another display of force.

"If Miss Selwyn needs to see Madam Pomfrey, she's more than welcome to find her way upstairs." She grinned, crooked teeth poking out from between her lips.

"Neville, just finish the stupid test." I whispered, reaching for the door with my good arm. "Don't give her an excuse."

His eyes fell as he held the door a second longer, allowing me to hurry into the hall, turning to face him once more.

"One a day's the limit. You can go next week." I tried for a grin, though he was nodding as if I had issued an order rather than a joke.

"Selwyn!" I cringed as the name echoed down the hallway, pausing for a brief glance back to confirm what I had feared. Theo. "Cassidy, wait up!"