Hogsmeade

Fred

The last week of classes had flown by, which would have usually been a treat, but this year every day that passed was one day closer to a break that I for once wasn't excited for. A break from classes and school work and waking up early, it was supposed to be everything two pranksters could ever dream of. But most importantly, it was a break from Cassidy. It felt like I had never been at Hogwarts without the blonde, despite only having met her this fall.

Still, she seemed insistent on getting home for the holidays, and I knew it was selfish to wish for her to stay. This would be her first Christmas without her brother, maybe she just wanted to be home with the family she had left.

George was still asleep, his snores filling the dormitory and mixing in with some of the other boys, but I had been up for what felt like hours. She would be leaving tomorrow, and all I could think about was spending time with her today.

After letting my twin sleep as long as I could bear it, I sent a pillow flying at the sleeping red-head and jumped out of bed.

"What the hell do you want." George groaned out, pulling the pillow over his eyes to block out the light.

"We're going to Hogsmeade, let's go!"

"Normal people don't wake up early to go to the neighboring village they've been to a dozen times before."

"Oh, come off it. It's Harry's first time." I quickly threw on some clothes that I assumed matched in the dimly lit room before shoving George halfway out of bed.

"You don't care about Harry, you want to see Cassidy." My brother shot back, finally accepting defeat and climbing out of bed to get ready.

Once the both of us were dressed and ready to go, we scurried down the stairs, nearly knocking the trio over as we blew past them.

"Oi, where do you figure you're headed?" Ron shouted, clearly annoyed at the early hour the three were out of bed combined with the two of us running into them.

"To Hogsmeade of course." I answered before George could.

"After we go pick up one Hufflepuff, he forgot to add." I elbowed him, aiming to knock him down the rest of the staircase but George stood his ground, smirking at me with the three friends.

"We'll come with you, then you can officially show me where the statue is to get through-" Harry started.

"No, Harry, I'm starved! Let them get her, we'll meet after breakfast!" Ron yanked the two friends down the rest of the stairs and allowed George and I back to our mission to get Cassidy.

We split apart from the group at the entrance to the Great Hall and skipped down the small flight of stairs to the yellow common room.

"What if she's not up, Freddie, you don't even know where she sleeps." George joked as we approached the now familiar barrels. "Or do you?"

"Shut up, you git." We rushed through the doors, ignoring the glances of students getting ready for the day.

"She's not in here." George sang, a smirk spreading on his cheeks.

"We'll find her then." I shot back a matching smile, biting back my nerves. Not that I cared what any of her housemates thought of the two of us wandering their dorms, however bad that would look for us, but the possibility of her being upset at us for intruding.

George and I nodded smug smiles to the Hufflepuff girls who wandered down the steps, staying as far away from the two of us as could be. We passed doorway after doorway, names listed and different sprawling handwriting which was very helpful for our adventure. I recognized some of the earlier names from Ginny's stories over dinner of her classmates and knew we were getting closer. Finally, my eyes landed on her door, the sign reading 'Hannah Abbott,' 'Madison Lockwood,' 'Brianna Martin' and 'Cassidy Olsen,' the names all looping together in the same curling handwriting that I knew was Cass's.