Ch. 18 - FRENEMY

Amara's outfit:
Club -

Amara's outfit:Club -

Woods -

Chapter Eighteen🦎 Frenemy 🦎

Chapter Eighteen
🦎 Frenemy 🦎

Stiles and Amara walked up to Scott was peaking around the corner of a nightclub, "You see where he went?" Stiles asked and Scott sighed and shook his head, "I lost him." He said. "You couldn't catch his scent?" Amara asked and Scott looked at her, "I don't think he has one."

"All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked, "To kill someone." Amara said and Scott nodded in agreement. "Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles said sarcastically making both Amara and Scott raise their eyebrows at him, "What? Guys, come on. I'm one hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone- sarcasm is my only defense!" He said.

"Just help me find it."

"Not "it"- Jackson."

"Yeah, I know. I-I know"

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Amara asked and Scott sighed and shook his head, "I don't think so. And he already passed Derek's test anyway." Scott said. "Yeah, but that's just the thing- how did he pass the test?" Stiles asked and Scott just shook his head, "I don't know."

"Well." Amara said deep in thought making them look at her, "What if it's like an either-or thing? Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom. So when is the Kanima not the Kanima?" She asked making realization cross over both of the boy's faces.

"When it's Jackson." Scott said looking at her and then at Stiles but Stiles's gaze is focused on something else. "Guys. See that?" Stiles says and then nods to the roof of the club where a tail arcs into the moonlight. The Kanima's body glides into view and then darts down through an air conditioning vent.

"He's inside." Scott said, "What's he gonna do in there?" Amara asked and then with a quick breath, Scott snaps his head toward the line. He's caught a scent, "I know who he's after." Scott said making them look at him. "What? How? Did you smell something?" Stiles asked and Scott nodded, "Armani." He said and they looked over to see Danny at the front of the line.