Ch. 71 - THE LAST CHIMERA

Amara's outfit:

Chapter Seventy-One🌒 The Last Chimera 🌘

Chapter Seventy-One
🌒 The Last Chimera 🌘

Amara sat in the back seat, leaning forward between the front seats while Makena sat in the passenger seat of Parrish's car as he calls Deputy Clark, whose at the Sheriff's station. "What are you talking about?" Clark asked and Parrish glanced at Makena and Amara, "I can't say how I know, but Lydia Martin is missing." He said.

"Parrish, you're missing. And some people here are really confused by your behavior, me included..." Clark said and Parrish sighed, "I know, and I'm going to try to explain it... But I need you to find whoever's available-" Parrish said but Clark cuts him off.

"Parrish, no one's available! Do you have any idea what's going on? The high school sign somehow ended up in one of the hallways; the library is completely wrecked; there might be a prehistoric animal running around the streets, and I am starting to seriously consider a transfer." Clark stressed and Parrish sighed, momentarily glancing at Makena and Amara again.

"Okay, listen- I promise, I'm gonna explain what I can later. But right now, I've got to find Lydia." Parrish said as he pulled into the woods, "Parrish-" Clark went to say but Parrish cut her off this time, "I have to find her." He said and hung up.

"We dont need anyone else." Amara said making Parrish glance at her confused, "What do you mean?" He asked and she shook her head slightly. "We're three supernatural creatures, we can find her. I'll turn into a wolf if I have too." She said as he stopped the car.

They all looked at each other for a moment before nodding. Amara handed her mom a  duffel bag before the three of them climbed out the car. After a while of searching they stopped for a moment when Parrish's flashlight goes out making Amara and Makena sigh before realization slowly crossed over Makena's features.

"Deputy, do you have a flare?" She asked and Parrish nodded, "Yeah." He said before pulling out a flare and handing it to her. "What are you doing?" Amara asked as Makena ignited the flare, "Testing something." She said. Without warning,
Makena held the flare up to Parrish's face making Parrish back up slightly.

All of the sudden Parrish went into a trance like state as he eyes started glowing a fiery-orange. He started walking in some random direction making Amara and Makena glance at each other before following him.

When they finally find the clearing near the Nemeton, Parrish's trance broke. Amara glanced around before noticing Lydia laying motionless on the ground making her quickly run over to her.

"Lydia?" Amara asked as she gently grabbed Lydia's face, trying to wake her off. "Guys..." Parrish said making Amara and Makena look over at him as he held up Lydia's hand where her index and middle fingernails have been broken off.

🌘

"Scott, wake up. Scott-" Amara said as she lightly shook Scott who was laying on the floor in the hallway. He woke up and Amara helps him onto his hands and knees so he can sit up. His chest wound has already bled through the new bandage Scott put on it, causing a red stain to bloom on his white shirt making her furrow her brows.