Ch. 102 - SEEING OLD FRIENDS

Amara's outfit:

┕━🌒 🐺🕯🔥 🌘━┙

┕━🌒 🐺🕯🔥 🌘━┙

- CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWO -🏹 Seeing Old Friends  🏹

🏹 Seeing Old Friends 🏹

Scott pulled up to the ruins of Oak Creek with Amara pulling up on her motorcycle next to him. The place that once had haunting tunnels, now was just a fallen, grassy plot. Scott and Amara glanced at each other before Scott got out of his car and Amara got off her bike and moved to stand next to Scott.

Amara glanced down at part of the broken, rusty gate until Scott comfortingly grabbed her shoulder, making Amara look at him with a small smile. Amara glanced around trying to keep her memories at bay before walking forward, Scott following here. Lydia pulled up and got out of her car and hesitated for a moment before walking over to Scott and Amara, making them look back and smile.

"Hey." Amara said, stepping forward to hug Lydia, who tightly hugged her back. "It's good to see you." Amara said and Lydia smiled, "It's good to see you too." She said before they pulled away and Scott stepped forward. "Hey, thanks for coming so fast." He said and Lydia smiled at him before quickly pulling him into a hug.

Amara took a small deep breath as the three of them glanced down at the ground for a moment. "Do you really think all this is true?" Lydia asked, making them look at her, "Allison being stuck, unable to cross over?" She asked and Scott shook his head. "I don't know. But if being here and doing this thing actually helps her, and no one else gets hurt, I'm up for trying." Scott said and Lydia nodded slightly before looking over at Amara.

"I believe it... I saw her there once, I didn't realize she could be stuck." Amara said and Lydia nodded, "Okay, then let's try." She said before holding up a folder she had, pulling out of premonition papers she did.

"We need a handful of earth from the ground where Allison died." Lydia said and Scott nodded, "Okay." He said before looking at Amara. She was staring at the ground for a moment before looking up and shaking her head, "You do it." Amara said and Scott nodded.

Scott stepped up to the patch of ground where Allison died and crouched down. Scott took a deep breath before punching the ground a few times until he was able to grab a handful of dirt. Amara handed him a cloth, helping him wrap the dirt into it before he looked at her and Lydia

"What's next?" He asked, making them look at him before walking over to the cars.

🏹

Amara, Lydia, Scott, Ximena and Argent all stood around the island table with Argent. On the table sat the sword that killed Allison in a black case. "Anybody mind if we close this thing?" Lydia asked and Argent nodded, "Yeah." He said, closing and locking the case before setting down on the ground.

"Does your, uh, mom know that you're here?" Argent asked, looking at Amara, making Amara look at him, "Why? Scared of seeing your ex?" Amara asked in amusement. "Isn't everyone a little scared about seeing your mom?" He asked and Amara nodded, "True. But you're in luck cause she's busy with the fires someone has been setting so she can't come here." Amara said and Argent nodded.

"All right. Lydia, we've got the earth where she died, the weapon that took her life. According to you, that's steps one and two. What is next?" Argent asked and Lydia pulled out papers from her folder. "I was, uh, hoping you could help me figure that out. I mean, to be honest, I'm a little out of practice with all of this." She said and Ximena tilted her head slightly as she looked at the papers.

"I think this is a puzzle." She said and Scott looked at Lydia with raised eyebrows. "You still scream like a Banshee, right?" He asked and Lydia hummed, "Not quite like I used to. It's just like a muscle. You stop using it, and it atrophies." She said. "Why did you stop using your power?" Argent asked and Lydia was about to answer but someone else did. "Because ever since she left this place, she hasn't had to." Jackson said as he walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge as Amara looked at him confused.

"Why the hell is Jackson here?" She asked, looking at Lydia while Scott looked at Jackson, "What are you doing?" He asked as Jackson pulled out a slice of pizza. "Well, firstly, Jackson prefers not to be talked about like he's not in the room. Second, well, Lydia called begging me to help, as usual. And I said, okay, so long as she promised never to tell Ethan, because I promised Ethan that I would never come back to this nightmare hellscape of a town." Jackson said.

"Thank you." Lydia whispered sarcastically before Jackson looked at the papers, "Oh, I love these games." He said, going to grab one of the pages before Argent grabbed his arm. "This isn't a game." He said and Jackson cocked an eyebrow, "I have claws that drip paralytic venom, and a tail that'll snap your neck. So take your hand off of me, old man." Jackson said before pulling his hand away.

Amara and Ximena glanced at each other as Jackson grabbed all the papers and his plate of leftover pizza. He crouched down and started laying out the papers as everyone walked over to see what he was doing. He spent a couple minutes rearranging and laying out all the papers in a way it all connected before standing up.

There, laid out on the was the words "help me" and "bardo" forming the shape of a tree stump with "bardo" written largely in the middle. "It's a tree." Jackson said and Scott shook his head, "It's not just a tree." He said. "It's the Sacred Grove." Lydia said and Amara took a deep breath, "The ancient Druids call it a Nemeton." She said.

"Well, it looks like a tree." Jackson said, making Ximena look at him, "I understand why you don't like him..." She said, looking at Amara as Jackson took a bite of his pizza.

🏹

Scott pulled up to the woods where Malia stood with Lydia, Amara and Ximena in the car. The girls started to get out before pausing when they noticed Scott hesitating as he looked at Malia, who also looked awkward. "Oh for the love of god, Scott. Lydia and I were a lot more serious than you and Malia and we're not awkward. Get out." Amara said before she, Lydia and Ximena got out, making Scott follow behind them.

Lydia quickly ran over to Malia, throwing her arms around her. "Oh! I missed you." Lydia said as Malia awkwardly hugged her back, "I missed you too." Malia said. "No, you didn't." Lydia said, "Okay, I wanted to." Malia said as they pulled apart. "Well, that I can believe." Lydia said as Amara walked over to her sister.

"You I actually missed." Malia said, making Amara smile before pulling her into a hug, "I missed you too." She said before pulling away after a moment. "Did Amara let you come along or did you follow her?" Malia asked, looking at Ximena who she's met before. "Both?" Ximena said and Malia nodded as they hugged, "Believable." She said, pulling away before Malia looked at Scott.

"Hi." Scott said and Malia nodded, "Hi." She said as he awkwardly hugged her for a quick moment. "It's good to see you." Scott said, "It's kind of awkward to see you." Malia said, making both Lydia and Amara roll their eyes as they glanced at each other.

"I know." Scott said and Malia nodded, "Okay. Let's go find a tree in the woods." Malia said, walking away, making Amara, Lydia, Ximena and Scott follow her. "Come on. You said we need to find this thing by nightfall." Malia said as they walked through the woods.