BEST FRIEND?

I finally arrive at Jeanna's mansion; The music playing can be heard from five blocks away. The uber driver parks in front of the house and I can already see some of my classmates stumbling, staggering and falling on the beautiful green grass carpet in the front yard.

"You have got to be kidding me..."

I complain under my breath.

"That'll be $8 ma'am."

The uber driver announces.

I hand him a 10 dollar note and tell him to keep the change. I step out of the car and the music attacks my eardrums very aggressively. I slowly make my way past the noodle legged teens surrounding the front porch and arrive at the, wide open, front door. The music in the house is even louder, if I didn't know better I'd probably think an earthquake was responsible for the shaking. I scan the room to see if I can spot Eli from the front door but it's just random hormonal and/or high teens as far as the eye can see, who, even though we're probably in the same class, I'm pretty sure I've never seen before.

"This is ridiculous...."

I grunt as I take out my phone and search for Eli's contact. I click on the call icon below his name and press the phone against my ear.

"I swear if this boy decided not to come I'll murder him..."

I whisper to myself. The phone rings for about 10 seconds before I end the call and decide his not going to pick up. He probably can't hear it over the awful loud music so I decide to keep searching.

"Ey! Is that Gordon?"

I hear a voice yell. I turn to see a random boy confidently walking up to me with two girls and another boy following closely behind. I eye them briefly and continue searching for Eli in the crowd. As I struggle to pass through the ocean of people, I feel a hand grab my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?"

A voice slurs. I turn to see it is the boy who announced my presence.

"Do I know you?"

I let out as I jerk my hand away from the creep.

"What?! we've been in the same class for the entire year."

He has definitely had too much to drink, his breath smells like a liquor.

"Okay... and?"

I ask waiting for him to realise I am not interested in talking to him.

“Damn... you are a real b****”

The other boy lets out.

"But hot though."

The personified liquor bottle blurts out as he stares at me like a dog looking at a stake. He bites his lip causing my stomach fluids to rise up to my throat.

"Really? Her?"

On of the girls spouts. It seems she is one of Jeanna's lap dogs and so is the other girl. She eye's me from head to toe and then narrows her eyes at me.

"awe, don't be jealous Raquel... no one says we can't make time for all three of you"

The other boy says in an unbelievably serious tone.

"uhm... well, I say I can't make time for any of you so... buh bye."

I wave the weirdo's goodbye and try to maneuver through the crowd but Johnnie walker has the audacity to pull me back again, this time a lot more aggressively.

"What? You think you're too good for us?"

I stare the damaged liver in the face and smile.

"yeah, I do..."