MORE CHEMISTRY?

It's been a week and a half since Dalton transferred and made my life in school much harder. Mr Budd and Mrs Robin are finally back in school so I don't have anymore free periods during Lit and Chem. I would normally be sad about that, but Dalton has been making a point to follow me around and bother during those lessons so I'm kinda happy that I won't have to hear more about how he finds me ' interesting '. Although, we do have chem lab together this morning but chances are someone's already called dib's on him to be their lab partner.

As I walk down the stairs, making my way to the chem lab, I unfortunately run into the schools new 'it' couple. I try my best to walk past them as fast as I can but...

"Sarah..."

Desmond says with enough audacity to almost see.

I continue walking passed them and ignore his attempt to stop me. But, with even more audacity, the boy grabs my wrist as he pleads with me to wait.

"Babe, she obviously doesn't want to talk to us. We can't force her to. Just leave her alone"

I hate to agree with Erica about anything but she is right. They should just leave me alone. We stand on the stairs in awkward silence, Desmond still holding my wrist. I refuse to look back at them as I stand and wait for Desmond to take a lot more then a hint and just let me go.

"Gordon?"

An unexpected savior calls.

I look up to see Dalton staring at us with a confused expression.

"You're usually the first to come to class so when the class started to fill up and you were still not there I came to check on you. Are these your friends?"

Dalton fixes his gaze on Desmond who hesitantly let's go of my hand and I take the opportunity to rush down the stairs. My heart beat is too fast to register and my chest is tight. Dalton silently follows me and before I know it, we are at the chem lab entrance. I calm down as we enter the class and I make my way to the back lab station. Dalton still follows me and sits on the extra chair next to me. I would tell him to leave but I know he won't since I've been telling him to leave me alone since we met but he just sticks closer.

Mr Budd finally walks in and the lesson starts.

"Morning class, hope you enjoyed our little hiatus. I've been informed that we have a new student in our class?"

The girls start to murmur and giggle as they throw brief glances toward Dalton.

"That would be me sir, Zaccai Dalton."

Dalton announces with his hand half up.

"Oh, and it looks like you've found a lab partner-"

"- No! He hasn't. I prefer to work alone."

I let out before Mr Budd can solidify yet another 'crime' that will earn me more negative attention.

"Well, Miss Gordon, school is not about your preference. You must learn to work with others."

Mr Budd firmly states with his hands akimbo.

"I can take him as my partner if Sarah doesn't want to."

One of Jeanna's minions lets out before eyeing me.

" You already have a partner Raquel."

Mr Budd brushes her off seeing right through her act.

"Mr Dalton will be your partner Miss Gordon."

I heave loudly to relay my frustration but Mrs Budd could not care any less. Looks like my streak of horrid luck isn't done. Not only is Dalton my locker mate, he also; sits next to me in homeroom, is my dance partner and now lab partner?! If I'm in a tv show or book or something, I'm convinced the writer is doing all this to be entertained by my misfortune. That's ridiculous though, there's no way I'd be a significant character in a story. I must be the neglected extra.