ANONYMOUS

It's been a couple of days since the court case happened. Since big names like my mom and Zaccai's uncle and aunt were involved, we've been getting a lot of unwanted attention at school. Jeanna and Audrey have been extra irritating.

"Sarah!"

Speaking of the witch, here comes Jeanna.

"What do you want? I am busy."

I snap while stuffing my locker with books.

"Look, we've all had it with you. You've been using what happened to you to get everyone's attention and it's pathetic."

"Really? Wow? You're right, that does sound pathetic."

I mumble while shutting my locker.

"Soon people will realize the kind of person you are, you know."

"Mhmm..."

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!"

She snaps and grabs me by my shirt.

"Jeanna, if you don't let go of me by the time i reach three, i will break those twig fingers of yours..."

"You sure are acting tough now for someone who seemed so fragile and helpless on the news."

"How the media portrays me is not my fault and just so you know, i'm already on two."

Pretty sure she just growled at me.

"What do you think you're doing Jeanna?"

I know that voice.

"Awe... look, it's Hope."

Jeanna mocks.

"Sarah has dance practice right now. Stop being such a nuisance for once and leave her alone."

Well said Hope. I think I'm starting to like her.

"Looks like Gordon made a friend."

I smack Jeanna's hand off me and push her out of my way, into the lockers.

"And three..."

Hope and I leave together.

"Thanks for that."

To be honest, I could've handle that myself but it feels nice to have someone on my side.

"No problem. We are teammates after all. Consider it an apology for me never doing anything about the way Audrey has been treating you."

"No hard feelings. If I could, I would have avoided getting on Audrey's bad side too. I honestly wouldn't help any of you."

"Wow... Zaccai wasn't lying.. You're extremely blunt."

 ___

"Alright everyone, that's it for today. See you Monday morning. 6am, don't be late or you're running laps!"

We all let out a simultaneous heave following Mrs Barlow's announcement. She walks out confidently as if proud of our suffering.

"We should go get sushi, who's down?"

Ryan hails. They all agree and start discussing potential places to go.

I love sushi... I might just order some for myself.

"What about you Sarah?"

They all look at me, anticipating my answer. Although, Audrey and Tess are glaring, maliciously.

"Uhh..."

I start.

"It's going to be so fun, please don't say no."