BLACKOUT

As the driver turns into the open gate before Dalton's huge mansion, I gradually drop my jaw as I take in how big his house is. The front lawn alone is about half an acre with a driveway leading up to a garage hosting 5 plus expensive looking cars. I have never seen a house bigger than the one I live in.

"Impressed?"

Dalton asks cockily

"Your place is huge, so i guess I am a little impressed."

I bitterly confess. However, I take comfort in the fact the he isn't the one who earned any of it so I'm not really complimenting him.

The driver parks the car in the huge garage and Dalton leads me into the house.

"Welcome to casa de Dalton."

He says as he pushes the double doors open. We walk in and the first thing I notice is how high the ceiling is. Before I can finish internalizing all the open space that's just supposed to be a hallway, a tall man with slick back hair and a classic black and white suit walks up to us.

"Hello master Zaccai, I see you have brought a guest with you today. Shall I ask the kitchen staff to prepare something for the two of you?"

Did this man just say kitchen staff?

"Sure! Something to keep our energy up. Just tell them to take the stuff to the gym building, we want to use the studio for dance practice."

Did Dalton just say gym building?

"right away sir."

The well dressed man walks away gracefully.

"i knew most people in this town are rich but.... Damn"

I let out still admiring how beautiful the house is on the inside.

"yeah, my aunt and uncle are pretty big names in the entertainment industry."

"Like, actors? Or musicians?"

"Well, my uncle was and actor a few years back but now he has his own talent agency and my aunt is a popular director."

I wonder if I've heard of them.

___

After a brief tour of his home, oh! I'm sorry, I meant of the main building, Dalton and I exit the house from a back door which leads to a huge backyard with three other buildings, all two stories.

"Just how famous are you aunt and uncle!"

I exclaim. Dalton lets out a loud chuckle before speaking

"Well, you have a huge house too, why are you so shocked?"

"thats the thing Dalton... we have one huge mansion where you have a huge mansion and three mini mansions in the backyard."

Dalton starts to walk towards one of the buildings and I stay right behind him because if I lose him I might get lost.

"Ace gave me a tour of your house, I know y'all have a big gazebo in the backyard too."

"That's not even the same thing Dalton."

"will you please just call me Zac."

"not even to save your life"

We enter a building that I'm assuming is the gym building he was talking about earlier. There is a hallway leading to a flight of stairs and two doors on each side.

"this is the gym, my uncle spends most mornings in there..."

Dalton's starts while pointing to one of the rooms.