EXPOSED

3rd Person POV

Sarah's eyes turn dark as she lifts her head to look at Erica.

"What did you say?"

She growled, aiming to strike fear into Erica. And it works. The look in Sarah's eyes and her cold tone makes Erica second guess her choice to betray Sarah. There was not a single thought, besides the thought of inflicting serious bodily harm on Erica, crossing Sarah's mind.

"Sarah? What are you doing?"

Ace questions as Sarah slowly and eerily inches closer and closer to her target.

"Now you want to act tough? Just a second ago you were crying at my feet like a desperate dog! Don't pretend to be tough now"

Sarah doesn't stop despite Erica's provoking words.

"I used to think I hated everyone, but now I know I was wrong. I don't hate people, interaction just irritates me. The only reason I know the difference now is because I am finally experiencing true hate. So, before I beat you to a bloody pulp, I'd like to thank you, for showing me what true hate is Ri Ri."

And with that final monologue, Sarah launches herself at Erica and tackles her. Once Erica hits the ground, Sarah wastes no time hurling her fist at Erica's terrified face. She throws punch after punch without hesitation, driven by the fire burning under her skin and a primal instinct to destroy whatever threatens to cause her and/or those she cares about harm.

"SARAH!"

All three boys exclaim, rushing to pull her away from her victim.

"Calm down!"

Dez pleads while struggling to get hold of her right arm.

"Don't be an idiot, what the heck are you doing?"

Zaccai adds, also finding it difficult to cease her left.

"Sarah, please! Stop it!"

Ace begs while successfully lifting Sarah off of Erica.

"Let go of me!"

Sarah demands, kicking her limbs every which way, determined to end her target.

"Sarah, you're not thinking straight. Calm down."

Ace wraps his arms around his sister, interlocking his hands and imprisoning her in his hold.

"Listen, Sarah, I know you're mad but, like you've told me a thousand times, fighting isn't a solution"

"I'm not fighting! I'm beating the crap out of her!"

Erica stumbled away, rushing to get to safety.

"YOU COWERED!"

Sarah yelled, causing Erica to halt.

"YOU ONLY HIDE YOUR TRUE INTENTIONS BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HATED! YOU MADE SURE YOU HAD PEOPLE BY YOUR SIDE IN CASE WE EVER FOUND OUT YOUR DIRTY LITTLE SECRET BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE! IT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU IF THEY ACTUALLY LIKE YOU OR NOT, AS LONG AS THEY'RE THERE! THAT'S WHAT'S TRULY PATHETIC. YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW TO MANIPULATE PEOPLE INTO STAYING BY YOUR SIDE, BUT IF YOU DID A SINGLE THING WRONG IF YOU MESSED UP EVEN A LITTLE, THEY'D LEAVE YOU, BUT ME? NO MATTER HOW MUCH I MESS UP, NO MATTER HOW MUCH OF A JERK I AM, I ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE BY MY SIDE. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE THE PATHETIC ONE ERICA, YOU TRULY BELIEVE CONTROLLING PEOPLE AND FORCING THEM INTO SITUATIONS WHERE THEY MUST BEFRIEND YOU IS A FLEX! ALL YOU'RE REALLY DOING IS PREACHING YOUR DESPERATION!"

Erica's heart skipped as she listened to Sarah scream at her. Every word Sarah said hurt more than the last. She spent years planning ways to get Sarah to break, expose her weaknesses and hurt her deeply. But with those few words, in such little time, Sarah had done all three to her, proving once again that Sarah is the master and Erica but a mere spectator. Tears rushed down Erica's eyes as she internalised Sarah's words, not out of guilt, but frustration.