IN THE RAIN

I plop down on my bed and let out a loud heave of frustration into my pillow. Why is everything so weird now? I don't like this! It's not like I have to choose either Dez or Zaccai, I can just reject them both, but Audrey, Jeanna and her minions are going to be out for blood now. What's wrong with those morons! Why fight over me when there are plenty of other girls who would make better girlfriends? sigh...Well, I can't place all the blame on them... I'm not sure what I feel at this point and that's not really helping the situation. Zaccai is mad at me and Dez won't stop texting me, he's sent me ten messages already. I'm not gonna lie, I miss having zaccai around but i can't help but feel like it's better this way. Even if I do have feelings for him, I'm pretty sure my feelings for Dez are stronger. I turn my body to face the ceiling but I mistakenly knock something off the bed. I lean over my bed to grab whatever it is.

"Apollo?"

I say out loud as I recall the events that lead up to me receiving the stuffed panda from Zaccai. That night was pretty fun. As my mind summons the memories from that day periodically, my heart rate steadily increases.

"I love you Sarah Beverly Gordon, and one day... you'll love me to..."

His words echo in my brain. I pick the bear up and place it before me as more random memories play in my head.

"Maybe I'm wrong..."

I find myself whispering while staring at the bear. The doorbell chimes and Dez immediately comes to mind. Mom, Dad and Ace are all home today. Does he have a death wish or something?

I jump to my feet and rush out the door hoping to get there before anyone else.

"I got it!"

I hail as I speed down the stairs.

"Oooh no you don't! That douche better not have come back."

I hear Ace respond from the lower floor as he stomps to the door. I reach just in time to see him as he pulls the door open aggressively.

"Now listen here you little-"

He starts, ready to swallow a man whole. He stops in his tracks once he registers who is really behind the door.

"Zac! Dude!"

He hails with a drastic change in tone.

"Sup Ace..."

Zaccai responds without his signature enthusiasm

"What wrong bud...?"

Ace asks with concern.

"I just need to speak to-"

Before Zaccai can finish his statement, Mom walks in.

"What's with all the noise? You two really need to- Oh... hey Zac!"

Why are they both so excited to see Zaccai?

"Hello Mrs. Gordon..."

"Oh dear, what's the matter?"

Mom asks, also taking note of the significant lack of annoying perkiness in Zaccai's tone. Well, it seems I'm the only one who finds it annoying.

"I just need to speak with Sarah..."

He finally explains. Mom and Ace both turn and glare at me.

"What did you do?"

Ace starts.

"Wha-!"

"- he's so sweet, and yet you can still be so cold hearted?"

Mom adds.