TRANSFER STUDENT

6 MONTHS LATER

I open my eyes to see the painful bright shine of light rays passing through a space in between my silk, royal purple curtains. After a brief debate with myself, I push my body off the surface of my bed and scan my room. I place my legs on my pink polyester floor carpet as I gently throw the sheets off my body. I finally summon enough energy to get up and walk to my bathroom grabbing the navy blue towel hanging on my bathroom door on the way. I take off my PJs and wrap  my towel around my body then enter my bathroom.

Many tiny water droplets spray aggressively all over the shower cube immediately I pull the faucet. I step out of the cube to brush my teeth and get rid of my poisonous breath as the temperature of the water rises. Once I'm done cleaning my pearly whites, I rinse my entire face with water to wake myself up, hang my towel on the towel bar, and step into the now steam filled cube. After a satisfying 30 minute shower, I step out and sit in front of the dresser in my bathroom. I wipe the steam off the mirror with my palm and proceed to follow my usual routine; moisturize my face, dry my hair and finally tie my hair.

Yesterday, I picked out a big plain black hoodie, grey fleece lined tights, a white beanie and cream cotton ankle high socks as today's outfit. I throw on the clothes and inspect the outfit in front of the full length mirror attached to my wardrobe's door. It looks good enough. I pick up my new black backpack; with white polka dots, and throw in the books I used to study for midterms, my pencil case, cough drops; in case I get a cold because of the winter weather, and my house keys. I throw my lip-gloss and ear pod case into the smaller pocket before swinging the back round my back and sliding my arms through the straps. I double check with my mental list to ensure I haven't forgotten anything then head downstairs.

___

Before I can even say a word when I walk into the kitchen, Ace jumps down from the high chair he was sitting on and pauses like a model in front of me.

"Check it out, my school uniform finally came in. Now I'm officially a CrystBrook Student."

He announces with too much enthusiasm for 8:30 A.M.

Ace has been attending CrystBrook since his Sophomore year. However, he didn't get a uniform last year because the school didn't expect so many admissions and so didn't make enough for all the new students {They only made 15 uniforms but 25 were admitted... The acceptance rate is that low. They have students from all over the country. It's a pretty famous school}. I was supposed to go to CrystBrook too, and I was offered the scholarship but I decided to stay in BrightView High, my current school, because of Desmond and Erica. I didn't really want to go to a whole new environment by myself so I stuck with them. I'm planning to transfer there next semester though; it's less annoying to be in a place where no one knows me than a place where people go above and beyond to bother me.

"Wow... now your wardrobe's fashion standards have gone up..."

I deadpan while throwing my bag on the floor and sitting on one of the high chairs that I no longer struggle to climb because I've grown two inches taller.

"Why do you have to be so mean..."

He pouts as he humbly sits his butt down on his chair.

"Sarah, be nice to your brother."

Mom joins in as she sets down a plate of waffles and a hot pot of bacon on the kitchen island in front of us.

"I was being nice... I complimented his uniform."

I argue as i take a waffle

"That's what you think a compliment is?"

Ace raises