COURT

It's finally the day. The day I've been both anticipating, and dreading. Mr Alvarez has been preparing for this day everyday for 2 weeks.

"Sarah, honey! Hurry up"

Dad yells from downstairs.

After a deep breath, I grab the plain gray purse off my desk and make my way downstairs.

"You're gonna do great sis."

Ace reassures me.

"Yeah... I mean all I have to do is stay calm, not get emotional and say what happened as clearly as possible. I was practically born for this."

"well,it wouldn't hurt to get a little emotional"

Dad joins in.

"What he means is, don't be afraid to get emotional."

Mom corrects after shooting dad a disapproving glare

"Yes, of course that's what I meant."

I don't know how to let myself get emotional but maybe it'll win the jury over. I'll try my best not to be too blunt I guess.

___

We are finally at the courthouse after a nerve wrecking drive and now my anxiety is screeming at me to just book it and save myself.

"Hey guys! Over here!"

Dez's voice grabs my attention. We all start walking towards him and Mr Alvarez and they approach us as well.

"Nervous?"

Mr Alverez asks me once we're close enough that he doesn't have to yell.

"Narrating how a bunch of douches assaulted me In front of a whole crowd? Sounds fun."

Despite my sarcastic tone, everyone remains awkwardly silent

"I'm guessing by your out of pocket sarcasm, you're nervous."

Dez breaks the silence and tension.

"I just want to get this over with."

I admit.

"That makes two of us."

Dalton's voice sounds from behind me. I turn to see him and two other people standing next to him. One of whom looks Strikingly familiar but I don't know why

"Hello Dalton."

Dez says through his teeth.

"Alverez."

Zaccai responds the same way.

"Hello, everyone! My name's Samuel Krov and this is my wife Valarie"

Did he just say Samuel Krov!

I turn to get a clearer view of the man standing beside Zaccai who just introduced himself. My jaw drops as I realize the man standing behind me is not just an action movie star, but a Legend in the dance world. 3 time champion of the Galaxy step dance competition! And he is standing beside me.

Zaccai mumbles something along the lines of 'i see you recognize my uncle' but I don't have time to accurately interpret his words. SAMUEL KROV IS STANDING BEHIND ME.

"You must be Sarah."

He knows my name! And he smiled when he said it!!! Like we are friends.

Still unable to form words, I nod softly as my brain reboots.

"Case 255, we're ready for you"

Someone announces, pulling me back from my starstruck daze.

"That's us!"