AN OBVIOUS CONCLUSION

I tap the dismiss button on my phone screen immediately and my alarm goes off. I barely slept at night and woke up an hour before my alarm went off. Every time I close my eyes I either see Zac to Eli's stupid face, and I'm going to have to see them in school today. Eli probably knows I kissed Zac but doesn't know I kissed Eli. Should I tell him? I probably should. But how do I even bring it up? Hey Zac! So yesterday after I came home I made out with my ex-boyfriend. Ugh! None of this would have happened if I was a lizard, Dr. Connors has a point.

"I need a shower and coffee."

I mumble as I get out of bed.

I drag myself into the shower and attempt to wash away my memories; it doesn't work.

"Sarah! Zaccai is here!"

Mom calls just as I leave the shower. What the heck is he doing here? Oh, right... he said he'd come by yesterday. Ugh... I really don't want to see him right now. But if I act weird, everyone's going to know something happened. I just need to be my usual, sarcastic self.

I quickly put on a comfortable outfit, grab my school stuff and walk downstairs, making sure to be as calm as possible.

"Morning Sarah!"

Ace hails from the bottom of the stairs as I approach.

"Hey..."

That's how I would normally respond to his enthusiasm, right?

Ace escorts me into the kitchen where Zac is seated, talking to my parents.

"Why are you here?"

I ask Zaccai, walking straight to the coffee pot.

"I said I'd come check up on you, didn't I?"

"You could have just met me at school."

The room falls silent.

"You're going to school?"

Ace questions.

"Uh.. yeah, I sure as heck didn't carry my bags downstairs as a fashion statement."

What's with them?

"Are you sure about that honey?"

Mom inquires

"Yes, I'm sure. Why?"

After another brief silence, Dad speaks up.

"Officer Gary called, told us about your meeting with Chester and how Erica was behind everything. We just don't feel like it's safe to be around her right now."

Freaking snitch.

"Erica won't do anything to me directly, she is too scared. As for her minions at school, they're probably already suspended for beating up Mike."

Oops... I should have said that last part.

"What do you mean her 'minions'? And why on earth would they beat up mike?"

Sigh...

"Mike's the one who tipped me off about Erica. He was also one of her minions but decided to tell me everything after the whole Chester fiasco. As a result, Erica got some dumb jocks to beat him to a pulp. Hope is the one who told me about it."

They look at me in horror as I explain.

"That's even more reason for you not to go!"

Mom demands.

"Mom, if Erica wanted me beaten by a bunch of jocks she would have made it happen. Her goal is to outsmart me and hurt me emotionally. She wants me to feel inferior. I'll be fine."