AMUSMENT PARK pt. 1

We finally arrive at the amusement park and the chauffeur drops us off at the main gate before driving off to search for parking. I can't seem to hold my mouth closed as I admire how large the place is and all the different rides I can see.

"Cool, isn't it?"

Dalton lets out

"I have to admit, this isn't bad Dalton."

I respond, still exploring the area with my eyes.

"When will you start calling me Zac. "

He complains.

"I don't want to call you Zac."

"But calling me by my last name feels too formal."

"Yeah, which emphasizes the fact that we aren't friends."

"I am your friend, no matter what you say."

"Well, i'm not yours"

"Ugh... you're so stubborn"

He mutters under his breath.

"Yeah, well... I can't say you're wrong."

I admit

"So, what ride do you wanna try out first?"

Hmm... that's a tough choice.

"Rollercoaster?"

I let out

"Cool. Let's head over there. Oh! Before i forget."

Dalton takes a clip on badge out of his pocket and hands it to me.

"What's this?"

I ask as I take the badge.

"Your VIP pass of course."

"You got us VIP passes?"

"Technically, my parents got us VIP passes. With these we don't have to wait in line and have access to secret rides and events."

"This place has secret rides and events?"

"Yeah! Totally! Later today, there's a firework show but only people with VIP passes can watch it. It's the last event of the day so we have plenty of time to explore before it starts."

"Bold of you to assume I'm just gonna go with you to the firework show."

"I would really love it if you did."

The sincerity in his voice makes me uncomfortable.

"Ugh... fine. Just stop being weird."

"Being weird?"

"Let's just go to the rollercoaster, kay?"

Just like he had said, Dalton and I didn't have to wait in line to get on the rollercoaster. They have special VIP entrances. We just flashed our badges and we immediately got on the ride.

I pull the safety bar down and over myself. I haven't been on a rollercoaster in a while, my heart is palpitating and regulating my breathing is proving difficult.

"Nervous?"

Dalton smirks at me. It's true that I am scared but my ego cannot allow me to show weakness in front of Dalton.

"Excited actually."

I correct. Although, I'm not sure I can call it a correction considering it's a total lie. My heart skips a beat when the announcements start but i do my best to hide it from Dalton.

"Please keep your hands and feet in the cart at all times. Make sure your safety bar is locked in properly and ensure any personal belongings are safely kept. The park will not be responsible for any items lost on this ride. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy your stay here. Enjoy the ride."