3 STEPS FORWARD AND 1 STEP BACK

THREE WEEKS LATER

It's finally the first week of march. Our dance club excelled through the Qualifiers and regionals of the All star dance competition and most of our dances are proceeding to the finals. Mrs Barlowe has requested for our club to be excused from all classes this week to practice for Nationals on Monday next week. We are travelling to L.A. on Saturday to practice in the venue itself. A whole week with Zaccai, who I've been avoiding as much as I can. Not like he's been eager to talk to me anyway. I told him I kissed Dez and he didn't react well. I mean, he didn't throw a tantrum or anything but he wasn't exactly cool with it either.

Three days ago { 3rd person POV}

"Let's take a break, please!"

Zaccai pleaded after falling to the ground from exhaustion.

"Okay princess, we can take a five minute break"

Sarah mocked

"Fifteen!"

"Ten."

"Deal."

Sarah sat down on the floor next to Zaccai.

"I have a feeling dating you isn't going to be easy. But it's worth it."

Sarah froze when she heard the words 'dating'. She instantly remembered what happened between her and Dez, and guilt flooded her heart for reasons unknown to her.

"Look, I already told you. I'm not going to date you."

"I'm not going to pressure you but I'm not going to give up either."

Unsure about whether to tell Zaccai the truth or not, Sarah decided to test him.

"What if I started dating someone else? What would you do?"

Zaccai turned to her and his face expressed his feelings clearly.

"Why? Is there someone else you're thinking of dating?"

Sarah became conflicted when she saw how much it obviously hurt Zaccai to even think of Sarah dating anyone else. But if she did get back together with Dez, Zaccai would find out eventually.

"I kissed Dez..."

She blurted out.

Zaccai's eyes widened in shock and Sarah patiently waited for his response.

"You... kissed Dez? Why?"

"I don't know, it just happened. He showed up at my house saying he wanted to talk to me, we talked, i found out that he isn't as much of a jerk as i thought and he kissed me..."

"Didn't he hurt you? Isn't he the reason you gave up on love?"

"Yeah... but turns out what happened wasn't entirely his fault. And... well, I guess I never really got over him."

"Oh..."

Zaccai faces the floor in visible despair. Sarah remains silent for a moment before deciding to speak again.

"I mean, I told him we can't get back together just like that because..."

She contemplated telling him the reason was because she felt guilty but decided not to because she isn't sure why she felt guilty and didn't want to give the poor boy false hope.

"....We've been over for a while and so we can't just pick up where we left off, you know?"

"What about him dating Erica? Didn't he cheat on you with her?"