Chapter 5

~at the avenger's tower~

Tony's pov

We were back from our "search trip", and feeling pretty low. We searched everywhere but couldn't find her. I decided we need a bit of cheering up so,"Lets just order some food and watch movies today". Everyone agreed half-heartedly. So that's how we spent the entire night, eating chinese take-out and watching movies.

~next morning

As we all were sitting in the kitchen for breakfast, I saw Peter walk in looking weird. His face was dark red and had a strange look on his face. "Peter, are you high ?", I asked, confused.
It did not look like he was listening. "Huh.....?....Oh hello Mr. Stark." I noticed everyone looking equally confused. "Okay, Peter what's going on......J.A.R.V.I.S. run a full body scan on spiderboy", I commanded.

Peter's pov

" No....N...no need for that ....Mr. Stark I swear I'm fine", I tried to assure, but I still couldn't stop myself from smiling. "Then what is going on Peter? You look weird", said Natasha, looking concerned.
I pause, how should I break it to them ? Should I do it slowly? Or........maybe just suddenly or.....?
"Peter you better start talking or I will track all of your current records"
"I found her"
Oh god I can feel the chaos coming in.....
"What?"
"Where?"
"What's her name?"
"Does she know about us ?"
"Did you tell her about us ?"
"Fucking answer before I smash something Parker", said the black widow, catching my attention.

I took a deep breath

"I met her today, her name is Serafina ,she is 21 years old....she runs a cafe nearby.", I listed the basics.
Suddenly Mr. Stark jumped, "Let's go, I want to meet our soulmate, and also am really in the mood for some good coffee.", he said, smiling cheekily.
Surprisingly everyone agreed, getting up, ready to meet her.
"No, actually I don't think she would open her shop today", I looked at them guiltily, but still smiling.
"Why not?"
"Actually, I met her yesterday in her cafe", and then I explained everything that happened.
Everyone was quietly listening, trying to understand everything.
"Hold up, so you found OUR soulmate YESTERDAY, spent the afternoon in her cafe and then SPENT THE NIGHT WITH HER, not to forget she was WITH YOU this morning , all of this and you did not bother even texting us ?", Mr. Quicksilver asked.
I blushed at his words, "May does not like when we text during our family time so I didn't call during the brunch....and when she came to our home, I just wanted to talk to her and get to know her and I forgot in the moment" , I rambled on. i did not want anyone to think badly of me.
"Peter calm down, it's ok",Captain smiled at me.

Natasha's pov

I don't show it on the outside,but my heart is beating fast and I am struggling to contain the blush from creeping up my neck.
I will meet her. Soon. My mate. She has a cafe nearby, I should probably survey the area. I will protect her, do whatever it takes.
Wait a minute.....
"Peter ,what do you mean by she couldn't feel you nearby", I asked.
Everyone's focus was back on Peter.
Once again, his cheeks turned scarlet and he started stuttering.
He started shaking his head to say no.
"What do you mean no, just fucking tell us kid", exclaimed Bucky. Steve put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down but looked like he wanted answers as well. "I can't remember what she told me", whispered Peter.
Wait what? He forgot in a day?
Suddenly Wanda stood up, her eyes glowing red, " I don't have the patience for this and I am getting bored so just let me have a look okay", she told him sweetly.
"N...no wait actually...." Too late now she was in his head I guess.
She started laughing suddenly making us all even more confused than we were before.
Peter turned a deeper red.
She smiled widely, " He doesn't remember, because he wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying last night. It was right after their kiss and now his head is filled with descriptions of the kiss, her lips etc."
Everyone started chuckling and giggling at this. Even though I laughed, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. I want to kiss her too. How would her lips feel against mine. How would the kiss be ? Would it be soft and gentle or rough and passionate? I should just track her down and kiss her because I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

"Look guys , I just want to say, she told me a lot about herself yesterday (and today morning) and she has been through a lot. I am asking you all to wait for her, she'll tell you when she will feel ready because believe me when I say it is A LOT. She is scared to meet the rest of you for a number of reasons: A) She does not know how many soulmates she has; B) She is afraid of our reaction regarding her past ; C) has her own set of insecurities. All I'm trying to tell you all is please be gentle with her, I am just giving a heads up", said Peter. We all fell silent.
I knew we were all thinking the same thing .
What happened? How can she even think that we would reject her?
"Don't worry guys, we'll talk to her, gain her trust, love her , cherish her and protect her", said Steve.
We all silently agreed and spent the rest of the day just asking questions about our mate. Not the serious stuff but random shit like her hair colour etc....