Chapter 18

Third person pov

It had been a few minutes. All the avengers stood there, frozen in shock. Rhodes was the first one to snap back to reality. "Tony we need to find her. I'm sure they must have taken her to a nearby hospital. J.A.R.V.I.S. can you look through the hospitals in the area and see if you can find Serafina",said Rhodes. Tony was still in shock but nodded still. As he looked at the picture displayed on TV, he was made to live his worst fears again.

Tony's pov
Another car crash.
Again, I might lose the person I love.
I might lose my family.
This is all my fault.
I should have driven the car. I should have offered to drop her at the location.
Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulders.
I look around to find Bucky staring at me, he was obviously in pain too," Don't worry Tony. Sera is much stronger than that.Let's go. We need to find her." I nod and we leave with the rest of the group. As I start the car, the location to the hospital was displayed on the screen. It made me so nervous, I don't even know if I can keep driving.
"Do you want me to drive Tony? Maybe we should switch?",offered Nat. Everyone looked at me worried. I shook my head and started driving.
~
The drive to the hospital was awful. No one could say anything, everyone too shocked to even register our arrival. Fury and Maria had already reached the hospital and alerted the staff to clear the floor. It was safer for her. As we got out of the car, I held Nat's hand knowing she was in a vulnerable state as well. Together we all walked inside and found fury speaking to the doctors.

Peter's pov
I just hope she isn't hurt at all. Miss Maria walks our way with a sombre look. "A drunk truck driver lost control and crashed into her car. She must have lost balance and fallen over the bridge. She is hurt and is unconscious right now. But nothing too serious. Just a few broken bones. She'll need a lot of rest and will be on bed rest for a few weeks." When she finished I was sobbing silently. Why does everything bad happen to her. Mr. Loki puts a comforting hand on my shoulder and I continue to sob. I decided to May and talk to her, she deserves to know as well.
"Hey Peter, I am a little busy so quickly tell me what's up",I hear May's cheery voice. I sigh, " May.....it's uh...." My voice cracked and I knew I had her full attention immediately.
"Peter, what's wrong? Are you okay?"
"Uhh yes I'm fine....uhmm....Serafina got into a car accident today. Sh-she has a few broken bones....May....she's unconscious right now.",I try to stop myself from sobbing but I can't.
"Peter send me the location. Stay strong. I'm coming right now."
"Okay.",I nod.
I walk back to the group and inform them of May's arrival. We all walk towards her room with our hearts thundering. The sight in front of us was heartbreaking. Serafina had many cuts on her body and looked so pale. She looked so peaceful and fragile. I wanted to go near her but couldn't bring myself to take a step further.

Natasha's pov
It's all my fault.
I shouldn't have been such a bitch.
She is my soulmate and I treated her in such a pathetic way.
I can't even apologise to her.
I move closer to her and sat on the stool near her. I raised my hand to caress her cheek but I was scared I might hurt her. My visions blur as I take in her her wounds. This time I don't do anything to stop the tears and sob silently. "Прости меня, моя любовь (Forgive me,my love )", I whisper. Suddenly someone barges in making us all turn around.
"Hello I'm here to see Serafina."
It was May.
Just at the sight of Peter got up and hugged her, breaking down completely. Sera's condition was taking a toll on everyone.
~
We brought her back to the tower and settled her in her room. She was yet to gain consciousness but it would be safer for her for this way. Almost at every hour someone would be in her room. J.A.R.V.I.S. was made to be at high alert, and would respond at even the slightest movement.

Tony's pov
I was sitting in my lab, working on one of the cars. It was three in the morning. I hadn't slept since her accident, I just can't bring myself to even close my eyes for a second. What if she needs me. It was then that the alert came. "Sir, Miss Serafina is awake and asking for you. I have started a full body scan for her." I didn't even wait for him to finish and dashed towards her room. I just want to make sure she is really awake and it's not my mind playing a stupid game. As I entered the room I saw her coughing, trying to get up. "Easy love",I hurriedly go beside her, trying to help her up. She looks at me and smiles, "Hey handsome"
That's all it took.
I pulled her in arms and hugged her tight.
"Oh princess, you gave us all quite a bit of scare.",I whisper. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my neck, "I'm sorry. The truck came out of no where. I couldn't gain control of the car after that. I tried to swim but I hurt my arm while coming out through the window." "It's alright. You're safe. You're with us. That is all that matters.",I tell.
J.A.R.V.I.S. must have alerted the rest because in the very next moment we had all the avengers assembled in the room. Sera tried to wave but ended up groaning in pain. "Did you forget you have a broken arm, dumbass?",chuckles Maria. We all glare at her but Serafina starts giggling. "Hey, I am a wounded patient. Treat me with care, you moron!",she groaned, making us all chuckle as well. "Oh and one more thing that I should have mentioned before....just in case anyone asks.....uhhhh......I don't have driver's liscense. I do know how to drive though!",mumbled Sera quietly. I gape at her. "That's it. You are getting a personal driver. Me. My job is boring anyways. Atleast driving you around would cheer me up!",I announced.

Loki walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead, "How are you feeling my love? You need rest to heal properly." She sighed, nodding , and kissed him on the cheek.  "Stark, stay with her tonight. You need rest as well. You've gone without sleep for too long now!",Loki looked at me seriously. Before I could object Serafina snuggled in my arm and mumbled, " I do need someone here with me Tony." I rolled my eyes at her bad acting,"You know I would never say no to cuddles with you princess, no need for this performance!" She smiles sheepishly.

After everyone left she turned to me, "You must be really sleepy Tony."
"Hearing that you are awake gave an adrenaline rush. I don't think I can sleep for some time.",I tell her honestly. She stared at me for some time before cupping my cheeks, "You know Tony....I am in a lot of pain right now but still this is the happiest I have ever been. Having you all here, it makes all the difference." With that she pulled me in for a kiss.

Time stopped as her lips touched mine. It was soft and full of love. I could only focus on her gentle lips. My heart pounded in my chest and I could feel myself get weaker. As we kissed I could only focus on her plush lips. She had a sweet taste on her lips......watermelon? By the time I became aware of her fingers on my skin they were already tugging my hair, making me groan. As we pulled back, both equally breathless and dazed, I realised how this was the first time in a very long time that I felt complete. It was in this moment that I realised that I was truly ,madly and deeply in love with the woman in my arms. And as I drifted to sleep beside her, wrapped in her arms, I felt safe.......secure.

(^I just saw this and it still hurts the same💔)

Hope you enjoyed the update <3