Chapter 8

meanwhile.....

Serafina's pov

Every few weeks I get a big order of baked goods and I have to stay up late to prepare and bake everything. Usually I stay alone because it honestly helps me put my thoughts together.

It was time to close the shop and I saw Wanda and her friend entering the shop. I went towards them and they looked up,"Hi, Serafina this is my friend Maria, Maria this is Serafina, Peter's soulmate." I blushed a little when they mentioned Peter,"Hi, nice to meet you, I am so sorry for causing so much trouble for you two", I say apologetically. "Nonsense, this gave us a nice break from all the work. And believe me when I say that this was much needed." i laughed, I already I'll be close to these two.

They sat down near the counter as I made them some coffee to begin with. "So tell us about yourself Serafina.", asks Maria. "And don't worry, anything you tell us will stay between us", Wanda smiled at me. Peter told me a lot about them, so I know I can trust them. I tell them the same things I told May, about my past. Once again I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug, I'm not gonna lie....it feels amazing to have someone care about you.

Once we were done with coffee, I asked them if they wanted anything to eat. "I think we should start working first, we'll take short breaks throughout anyways", chuckled Maria. I started making the cookie dough and I gave them the duty for scooping them and putting it in the oven.
Maria was right, we took a lot of food breaks. At one point we even started eating the leftover rough dough.

At one point, Wanda decided to snap a picture of me and send in on their group chat

At one point, Wanda decided to snap a picture of me and send in on their group chat. Then she proceeded to send pictures of us  throughout the night. i do admire how close they all are even though they just work together.

"So Peter told me you have multiple soulmates....Have you found them?",asked Wanda.

Flashback
Just stay with me and I'll protect you.
I don't want any of my mates, if they will try to separate me from you I will leave them.
Please just don't let go of our memories.
~
"No actually.... I don't even know how many soulmates I have.", I told them honestly.
"Why, I mean don't you have your marks?",asked Maria. I could tell she felt bad for me.
"Well I don't know how to explain this but there was an incident after which a well wisher thought it would safer for me if I hide my soul marks. So they put a spell on me to hide my marks.  I can't even feel it if they are close to me or not", I answered. 

"Don't worry babe, you'll find them soon",Wanda tried to console me.

"I hope so, I just wish they would accept me and not think of me as freak or something. I come with a heavy past which, if I'm completely honest, still affects me.",I confessed my biggest fear.

"If someone rejects you, then they must be out of their mind", stated Maria, making me giggle.

"Hey guys, I think the cookies are burning", Wanda said, making us all dash towards the kitchen.