Chapter 10

Serafina's pov

I was sitting in my crappy apartment with my facemask on, listening to some music. I still had like an two hours before I have to leave for the party. My dress was laid out on the bed, I must say I do love it a lot. It was simple yet elegant. I wonder how the rest of the group will dress up. Peter sent me a picture of his tux and he would definitely look very dashing. I was getting really bored, when suddenly I decided to do a little research about the Stark parties. To say that they were fancy was an understatement, the limited pictures that were posted online made me realize exactly how rich Tony Stark is. Everything looked perfect and glamorous, it was so perfect that i felt a little insecure about my dress. Before I could think further I got a call, it was an unknown number. "Hello?"

Italics : Natasha, Plain: Serafina

I didn't even have to wait a second before I heard Miss Romanoff's voice, "Hi, its Natasha............P-Peter's work friend, I hope you remember?" 

I giggle, my heart suddenly beating faster, wtf?

"Sooo I just wanted to confirm if you are coming to the party tonight"

"Oh uhhh yeah, I am coming."

"And what mode of transport are you taking? I know this might seem weird but we just want you to be safe. So if you need one of us to pick you up, we can do that as well"

"Awww that's actually very sweet but I already asked my friend to drop me off so I'll just come with him, but thank you for the offer."

"Him Peter?"

"uhhh no its one of my friends actually..?"

"Okay I just wanted the confirmation, see you soon"

"Thank you once again...bye" .

After hanging up, I tried to calm myself down. I don't understand, I mean no doubt Miss Romanoff is beautiful but these reactions are very weird. I sat in silence, before getting up to get dressed.

I did my makeup first and since I don't know any  special hairstyle, I left my hair open. After putting that dress on, a new confidence surged in me. I soon got a text from my friend, Jacob , that he will soon reach my place. I double checked everything, then opened my tiny purse and stuffed my phone, a tiny knife and a lipstick in it. As I walked towards my friends car, he whistled and clapped, "Well hello there beautiful, Can I just say that you will be the prettiest woman tonight....not just at your party, but in the world", he said, making me laugh. He was wearing a rented uniform and dressed like the chauffeurs rich people must have.

The car ride was quite enjoyable as both of us sang every song that came on the radio, but as we neared the Stark Tower, I started getting nervous. AS I reconsidered my decision of going back, Jacob opened the door for me and helped me get out," Those rich snobs are nothing compared to you, don't be nervous. Just walk in there, make new friends and don't forget to enjoy the night. Call me if you need me to pick you up, DON"T WALK ALONE!!",he said, making me smile. "Thank you so much, I'll make you your favourite cake day after", I tell him making him smile wide.

Third person's pov 

The party had started, while everyone was downstairs having a great time, the avengers were huddled up in the meeting room. Apparently one of their suspected Hydra agent had re-surfaced and they wanted to keep an eye on him. Before anyone could speak up Peter stood up and said, "I'll go with Mr. Clint, this party was organized so you all could spend time with our mate and you all should do that. I have already had a lot of time with her, so I think I should go". Once again, before anyone could react Fury finalized the plan leaving Clint and Peter in charge. As the two Avengers left, the rest decided to join the party once again. Now in their formal wear.