Chapter 22

The mission didn't take long, and was pretty much a failed one. Everything the man told them, they already knew. The avengers rushed back to the tower, in hopes to mend the damage. On the other hand, Serafina was yet to wake up. On the outside, she seemed peaceful , but inside she was burning. She was reliving every single painful memory that had mentally scarred her. As the avengers entered the tower, they were shocked to see the damage, Serafina had managed to burn down an entire floor with just one blow. While rest stood there frozen, Tony rushed towards his lab followed by Loki and Bucky. As they entered the room, the peaceful atmosphere felt awfully unsettling. They found Serafina under the desk, covered in layers of blankets. She looked terrible, her face was stained with tears and her wrists were covered in scratches.

Loki's pov
I can't bare to see my mate in so much pain. For the first I truly wish I had better knowledge of magic, enough to heal each and every scar on her mind. I sat next to her, and pulled her on my lap. "My love, wake up .",I whisper. There was no movement. "Please, Sera" ,my voice cracks as I try to shake her while Tony sprays some water on her face.(There should be a better way of saying this)

Slowly, her eyes flutter open, by this time everyone was already in the room. "What happened ?",she asked, as she looked around the room in confusion. "You blew up an entire floor" ,stated Maria. We all glared at her, though she remained unfazed.

Serafina's pov
As I looked around, I saw Nat and Steve standing in the corner. Suddenly, I was back in the cells. My breathing starts getting uneven and I could feel my blood boil. I saw my father walk towards me, telling me to calm down. "Sweetheart you know I love you. I would never hurt you.", he says as he walks closer.  

Third person pov

It  seemed as if  a switch went off in her mind as she stood up, confusing the avengers. Suddenly she turns towards Natasha and Steve. " Don't you fucking tell me you care .....Get Lost!! You are dead ,Strucker!",she seethes. Natasha tried walking towards her but it only seemed to anger her further. Her eyes suddenly turned pitch black and her hair transformed back into bright blue flames. She raised her hand, covered in blue flares, "You are the reason why I'm a freak!  I HATE YOU" With that she flung Natasha across the room and made Steve choke using her magic. Chaos ensued as everyone tried to shake her out of the daze. Wanda and Loki tried to use magic but Sera's necklace created shield powerful enough to keep both of them away. To protect the captain, Stranger finally took matters in his own hands. He created a portal and pushed Serafina through it. After Serafina was transported, everyone rushed to check on the two avengers. While Steve was calming himself down, Natasha refused to get up. She never thought she would ever feel this low but everything that happened right now truly shattered her. The members tried to help her up but she stopped them. Suddenly her face turned emotionless, she quietly stood up and left towards her room. "Take care of Sera. Don't follow me.", she whispered. Everyone knew that this wasn't a request and that following her was of no use. 

Bucky's pov

*sigh*

"Strange, where did you send Serafina? Is she safe?", I turned to the Doctor.

"Don't worry. She is safe. I transported her to a place where she will calm down." ,he said. "Why did she suddenly get this angry at Natasha? I mean, I understand her point of view but knowing her nature, she would never really hurt any of her soulmates.", asked Wanda. "It seems when she was handcuffed, she had to relive her trauma almost as if under a spell. Because we forcefully woke her up, she didn't get the time to snap of out it. She thought her father was back, since he used handcuff her to torture her. She acted out of fear.", he explained. 

I can't believe this. 

Why should such a pure soul suffer the most?

"We should leave her alone for some time. When she feels comfortable the portal will open itself for her.", said the Doctor before leaving himself. 

We all just stood there, not knowing what to do. 

"Guys, you all just came back from a mission. You all should rest for some time. I'm sure the Stephen will keep Sera safe. Don't worry.", Maria says softly. Sam walked towards me, "Hey grandpa...Your soulmate is one strong lady.....AND she is hella protective of you. I don't want her to burn my ass so why don't I tuck you to bed yeah?" I smile weakly at him and nod. "Hey, you all should rest as well. Wanda and I will prepare the dinner.", he yells at everyone. 

One by one all of us left the laboratory and walked towards our rooms, except for Tony. It was obvious that he would lock himself in his laboratory till Serafina returns. Like Natasha, he too was stubborn and cannot be coerced. As I walked back to my room, I stopped outside Steve's room. Without knocking I went inside and found him on the floor, face buried in his hands. Without even looking he started sobbing, "I am such a failure! I couldn't protect you before, and I've failed to protect our soulmate as well Buck." I sit don't next to him and pull him in for a hug. "What happened today wasn't anyone's fault Steve. And I'm sure Sera would tell you the same thing. And what happened to me wasn't your doing either. I'm pretty sure Natasha is beating herself up about this as well, so we need to make sure she is fine as well." Steve nodded, still sobbing. "Take a nice shower and then rest Steve. We need to talk about what happened today. I'm sure Sera has multiple triggers just like me. We need to help her figure out all of them. What happened today and yet the damage was sizeable. Someone could forcefully trigger her to try cause trouble though.", I voice my fear. Steve's expression hardens," We'll have meeting at dinner then." J.A.R.V.I.S. informs everyone about the meeting as I walk out of the room.

I wonder when Serafina will return......

Another short update. Hope you enjoyed it.<3

PS : When I say hair turn into flames, imagine this but blue in colour.

(Sorry I can't find a better picture.)