Chapter 12: Not What He Seems

A/n: So it's been a while... sorry guys! I can't really promise how often new chapters will be put out but I will finish A Summer in Gravity Falls... eventually. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story so far, here's "Not What He Seems"!

Dipper's POV:

This has been the weirdest and best summer of my life. And I swear, it only gets crazier the longer I stay in Gravity Falls. Just last week, me, Y/n, and Mabel were kidnapped by Blendin Blandin, a time traveller we had angered earlier this summer, and fought against him in this epic, futuristic battle. We ended up resolving things with him in the end though.

Even weirder than that, I found out that Pacifica Northwest isn't the cold-hearted person I once thought she was. A couple days ago, she had requested mine and Y/n's help in getting rid of the ghost that was haunting her family's mansion and we agreed to do it so she would let Mabel, Candy, and Grenda go to her family's famous dinner party. The ghost was far more hate filled and vengeful than we were expecting, and things took a scary turn. Y/n exposed herself in front of Pacifica and began using her powers to fight the ghost. I though she had him beat; she delivered some pretty devastating blows, but the stronger she fought, the more it took a toll on her. Her nose started bleeding as she used her powers, but she didn't stop. That is, until she passed out. I ran over to try and protect her, but then the ghost got us both, turning us both to wood. Then, Pacifica did something completely unexpected. She opened the gates to the townsfolk, despite the wrath and fear that her parents inflicted on her, so she could bring the ghost to peace. Pacifica thanked us for our help and swore she would never tell anyone about Y/n's powers.

Y/n doesn't use her powers unless she has to, but from the little bit I've seen, I can tell her powers are getting stronger and more uncontrollable. I've offered to try and help her, but she always turns me down because she says she's afraid to hurt me. Y/n is this amazing girl and I think what she can do is incredible, but her new abilities have really driven a wedge in our feeling for each other. We still talk like we used to, but she always stays just far enough away from me so that we don't touch. I really wish I could help her with all this.

Oh and get this: she told me Bill offered to "help" her once again in a dream a little while back. I hate that guy SO MUCH. I don't know what he's planning but I'll do anything to keep Y/n safe from him. Not that Y/n isn't capable of defending herself... but her judgement isn't the best when it comes to Bill. I got the feeling something else happened in her dream with Bill, but Y/n insisted it was nothing. Y/n and I have never kept anything from each other before and I don't like it.

She hasn't heard anything from Bill since then though, so I suppose that's good news. Now maybe we can get back to focussing on the author; I feel like if anyone can explain what's happened to her, it'll be the author.

For right now though, we can just enjoy this summer day. Me, Stan, Y/n, and Mabel started off the morning with some fireworks. Now, Stan was laying back on the sofa on the porch with a pit cola in hand watching Y/n and Mabel attack me with water balloons.

Stan took a sip of his drink and smiled. "Ah. This is what Saturdays are for. Doing dumb things forever."

"To Grunkle Stan!" Mabel shouted, raising up he icy pop. "Not just a great uncle..."

"But the greatest uncle!" Y/n and I jumped in before the 3 of up picked up some water balloons and took aim at Stan.

Stan, who was now pretty soaked, chuckled. "Alright, alright. I tell you it's unnatural for siblings to get along as well as you do."

Mabel shook her head and waved her arm dismissively. "Ha-ha! Don't worry. We've still got plenty of summer left to drive each other crazy! And Y/n too, she basically my sister!"