Chapter 3: Double Dipper (Part 2)

Dipper's POV:

I stood in front of the copy machine. When Mabel and I came in here earlier to copy some papers, we found out the copier machine can copy human beings! My idea was kinda crazy, but hopefully crazy enough to work. I laid on the machine and pressed the copier button. "I wonder if this a good idea."

In a matter of moments, a copied paper of me fell to the ground. It rippled, then a clone me came to life. I stared at the clone in awe. "Whoa! ...I have a really big head."

Me and my clone started speaking at the same time, "So, uh..." we laughed. "Sorry, you first. Stop copying me!" We laughed again.

I pulled out a black marker and drew a 2 on my clone's hat. "I will call you: number 2."

"Definitely not. You know the name I always wanted?" he asked.

"Tyrone?" we said in usion.

"Okay, Tyrone. Let's get down to business. I'm thinking you cover me at the ticket stand, while I ask Wendy to dance," I explained.

"I know the plan, buddy."

I backed away from Tyrone. "Hey, we're not gonna get jealous and turn on each other like the clones in the movies, are we?"

"Dipper, please. This is you you're talking about. Plus, hey!" Tyrone snapped his fingers. "You can always just disintegrate with me with water."

Yeah... I'm sure everything will be fine.

Tyrone manned the ticket booth and I went and talked to Wendy. But, I quickly found out that just talking with Wendy wasn't as easy as it seemed. There were too many variables. What if there's a glitch in the sound system? Stan might get in the way. Robbie might interfere. Tyrone and I agreed that we needed more help.

I was soon surrounded by 9 clones to help me with my with my Wendy problem. And... 1 other clone to watch Y/N. I wasn't stalking her, I just wasn't so sure about that Bill guy. It's not jealousy... I don't think... well, maybe...

I assigned the clone Dippers to their jobs. Me and Tyrone waited in the bedroom to hear the cue to go dance with Wendy, a ringing bell.

We weren't waiting long before the bell rang. "There's your cue," Tyrone said. "It's the perfect moment to ask Wendy to dance. Good luck, me!"

"I don't need luck. I have a plan." I left the attic and headed towards the dance room.

When I was walking down the hall, I saw Y/N standing by herself. I know I shouldn't do this with the Wendy plan going on, but I decided to stop and talk to her. "Hey Y/N. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, nothing. Just taking a break from the party," she replied.

I nodded my head. "So, uh, where's Bill?"

"He's still at the party."

A question was gnawing at the back of my mind, I just had to ask it. "So, what's the deal with you and Bill?"

Y/N was quiet for a moment. "Well, we met when we were young. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of friends, and even though we didn't go to the same school, Bill was always there. That's why he's my best friend."

"Not having a lot of friends, that's something we have in common."

"Oh, yeah?" she laughed.

"Yeah. You know, kids used to make fun of my birthmark before I started hiding it all the time."

"Birthmark?" She questioned.

"Uh, no! It's nothing! I-I was-I wa-. Why did I say that?" I answered hastily.