Chapter 11: Society of The Blind Eye (Part 3)

When I opened my eyes, I was lying on a couch in a pyramid shaped room. The room was rather luxurious; a large fireplace was located at the other side of the room, a small, blue fire was burning. I could hear piano music. I rolled over to see a grand piano in which Bill was playing effortlessly.

I sat up and walked over to Bill, standing quietly behind him as he played.

"I'm glad you could make it, Y/n", he said smoothly. He stood up from the piano and turned to face me. The piano continued to play, the keys moving on their own. "Welcome to the penthouse sweet, my lighting bolt. What do you think?"

I wasn't sure where Bill was going with this small talk, but I played along. I did another glance around the room. "It's... charming. It suits you."

"Why thank you." He reached out his hand and flashed his signature mischievous smile. "Would you care to dance?"

Hesitantly, I placed my hand in his. Bill and I had touched before, but this time it was different; it was like our energies were intertwining. He pulled me close, putting his other hand on my waist and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He inhaled sharply. "You're more powerful than I thought you'd be. And you're only going to get stronger."

I stayed silent as we stepped around the room in slow dance.

"I wish you would've let me stop this, that you would have joined me. The powers you have are not meant to be possessed by humans," Bill sighed. "You humans are such delicate, emotional beings... you'll get yourself killed with this." He looked as if saying the words pained him.

"I didn't choose for this to happen to me. I don't even know what any of this means," I replied, as we picked up our dance pace.

"Maybe... maybe we can still stop this," he hesitated. "I can train you, teach you how to control your powers before..." we continued to move faster around the room, blue flames forming in our footsteps. Before long, we were dancing on air. "Can't you see, Y/n, how well we go together? Join me, I can protect you from your fate... we can rule this dimension together." His voice was a bit shaky, like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"Why do you care what happens to me?" I asked, looking up at him.

He rolled his eyes in frustration and I felt his grip tighten on my waist. "You humans can be so stupid sometimes..." He trailed off and looked away. He stayed silent for a few moments before speaking again. "But I was stupid enough to fall in love with one."

I was stunned. Did Bill really just confess his love for me? I couldn't believe this was happening, its just too crazy.

"I know it's crazy," Bill replied, showing off his mind reading abilities, "It's not even supposed to be possible. I guess being by your side all these years, one thing led to another and it just happened."

I was still having trouble processing what had just been said, but I had more questions. "I don't understand that either. Why did you hang around me all these years? You grew up along side me all for what? To screw with my emotions? To keep me from hating you so I can't bring myself to fight against you?"

We floated back down to the floor and the fire that was dancing at our footsteps went out. When I stepped back, my calf hit the back of the couch. Bill sat down and I followed.

He looked down at me, his blond locks falling into his eyes. "You're a threat to me, Y/n. Your existence may destroy all the plans that I have at play. I meant to kill you all those years ago. But I became so intrigued by the human world and before I knew it I was feeling things for you, feelings that I've never felt before." He reached out and held my hands in his. I didn't pull away. "I would never want any harm to come to you. Please, join me, I can keep you safe."

"I don't know what you have planned, but I know I don't want to be part of it. I won't help you, Bill. I will never join you," I said firmly. This was the last time I ever wanted to hear Bill ask that question.

He was visibly frustrated, and his tone was slightly aggressive. He pulled his hands away from me. "I'm so sorry for what's to come to you. Just know it's not what I wanted."

The bricks of the penthouse started to break free from the walls and fizzled into nothingness. A strong, cold wind blew against me. When I turned back to Bill, he was gone. The bricks beneath me began to disappear. I tried to run but it was too late. I was falling, surrounded by blue flames. Then it went dark.

I bolted upright in my bed in a cold sweat. My breathing was fast and shallow. I took a moment to steady my breathing before reaching over to my nightstand and checking my phone; it was 3am. I laid back down in my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Why me? Seriously, what did I do to deserve this? In only a few weeks, my life has been turned completely upside down. First I find out my best friend is some crazy dream demon, then I get struck by lightning and I have these crazy super powers... and now my demon ex-best friend is apparently in love with me?

And what was this so-called fate he wanted to protect me from? What's going to happen to me? Whatever it was, I was doubtful Bill would be telling me anything else about it.

And how am I going to tell all this to Dipper?

>> >>

Thanks for reading, hopefully I'll get some new content out kinda soon. If I can find the time, I'd like to write some Miraculous Ladybug, Star Vs the Forces of Evil, or maybe some Over the Garden Wall stuff. For whatever one I'd end up writing, the storyline would probably be set a few years in the future. Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested or which one you'd prefer me to write about!