Chapter 4: The Time Traveler's Pig (Part 3)

Dipper's POV:

Me and Mabel continued to fight over the time machine through settler's times, prehistoric times, past days in the summer and some weird, apocalyptic future where there was a giant baby... strange.

Eventually Mabel and I teleported ourselves into a state of seemingly perpetual darkness. That is, until we realized that we had just teleported into a porta-potty.

Mabel pushed opened the porta-potty door and gasped, "Look, we're back in the present!"

"But which present?" I questioned.

I looked around and saw Y/N smiling with the panda-duck in her arms.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

Mabel scanned the fairgrounds and saw Pacifica dragging Waddles around.

"NO!!!" She yelled, trying to grab the time machine. "Gimme that thing! Dipper give it back!"

"Look, Mabel, it's over! Okay? Give it up! I've worked too hard to lose this!"

"But what about Waddles? He was my soul mate!"

"You said that about a ball of yarn once! Do you really want Y/N to date Bill?

"I don't know..." Mabel mumbled as she moped over to the totem pole. She repeatedly hit her head off the pole.

"You're not guilt-tripping me, Mabel. Not this time."

Mabel continued to hit her head.

"Come on, Mabel, I know you. you're gonna forget about this in a day! Here! Hey! I'll prove it!" I pulled out the time machine and went 1 day ahead. "See?" I said. I looked at Mabel and she was still hitting her head off the totem pole. "Okay, maybe you'll forget in a week..." I went forward a week but Mabel hadn't moved. I could feel myself sweating. "A month! She'll better in a month!" I pulled the tape on the time machine and went a month forward.

I looked at Mabel and felt overwhelmingly guilty. Vines were growing up her legs and she was still hitting her head off the pole.

"Waddles...Waddles..." she murmured.

A grew of tourists approached, Soos leading the way, "And when you look at you're left, you'll see Miserable Mabel: a girl who went bonkers after her dreams were shattered by some heartless jerk. Oh, hey, Dipper!"

"Huuhh," I sighed. I know what I had to do. As much as I liked Y/N, I couldn't do this to Mabel. I pulled the tape on the time machine and went back to the day at the fair.

""Woah! I don't even know what species it is, but I want one!" Y/N announced.

I looked at the ball toss and sighed. "Y/N, I just wanted to say that, well I just wanted say that people makes mistakes. And when they do, you should forgive them. And that the colour yellow is overrated."

"Okay?" She said, confused.

"One ball, please," I muttered.

The carnie handed me the ball, "You only get one chance."

"And a-one and a-two and a-huh!" I threw the ball.

Like I expected, the ball bounced back and hit Y/N in the eye.

"AH!" Y/N gasped.

That's when Bill showed up, Ice in hand. "Y/N, are you alright?" Bill took Y/N's hand and pulled her away from me. "There's something I've been wanting to ask you for a while now..."

"It is done," I sighed.

Out of nowhere Mabel ran up to me and squeezed me in a giant bear hug, "DIPPER!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!" she held Waddles in her arms and smiled.