Chapter 8: Into the Bunker (Part 1)

A/N: Hey, my fantastical readers! I know it's been a while, and for that I'm sorry. But, I promised myself that I would have this chapter out by the end of March Break which ends today, so I finished just in time.

I've been busy with some family things, then there's school and volunteering... and for a while I just lost motivation, but I'm back now and hope to update more frequently.

Also remember to vote and comment, (I love reading your guys' comments) it really helps me get motivated.

Dipper's POV:

Gravity Falls has been getting even more mysterious than usual. Just a few days ago, these super-serious government agents showed up at the shack! I think their names were Agent Powers and Trigger... and they were investigating the exact same thing as me, mysterious activity and a conspiracy of paranormal origin in Gravity Falls! Stan tried to keep me from speaking with them, but I didn't listen, and, well, when they didn't believe me, one thing led to another and... I accidentally summoned an entire zombie army that captured the government agents...I feel kind of bad about that considering I still don't know what happened to them... Woops.

BUT, in all the chaos, I learned that Stan knows about magic! He said that he was lying to protect us kids. Part of me thinks that there's got to be more to it than that, and Y/n agrees, but Mabel believes what Stan told us and I have to admit that he did kick a lot of zombie but to keep us safe.

Speaking, of kicking zombie butt, Y/n has some serious fighting skills! We would have been zombified for sure if she wasn't there. Not only is she an amazing fighter, she looks good doing it too. Yesterday, I planned on telling her that I liked her, I had what I was going to say written out on paper and everything, but I chickened out. The paper is still crumpled up in my vest pocket. I ended up inviting her on this mystery hunt instead, which should be fun anyways, I guess.

For the longest time, I felt like I was just one puzzle piece away from figuring out everything. But, thanks to the grand-re opening party at the Mystery Shack a few days ago, I found out that all this time the author's secrets were hiding in plain sight! INVISIBLE INK! A whole new chapter of mysteries to explore. That's the whole reason for this mystery hunt. I'm halfway through the summer and I'm not any closer to solving the big mysteries of Gravity Falls. Like, what was Bill talking about when he said "everything was going to change"? That I still don't know. But now, thanks to the invisible ink, we have a big clue leading to where the author might be!

I'm so excited to go on this hunt, but Y/n and Mabel are still sleeping. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I woke them up... well, that's not true, but I'm really excited for the mystery hunt. I don't know about Y/n, but I could probably bribe Mabel awake with pancakes.

I stood up from my spot on the living room chair, where I was watching Ghost Harassers. Watching it reminded me of Summerween, when Y/n dressed up as one of the characters from the show. She looked amazing in that costume. I wish I didn't like her as much as I did. It's hard liking someone who doesn't like you back, but it's not like I can just turn off my feelings. I just had to focus on the journal. Y/n only sees me as a friend.

I walked into the kitchen and rummaged through the drawers until I found on old baking cookbook. It was covered in dust, looked to be over 30 years old. I read a recipe for pancakes and started gathering materials. I'd never made pancakes before, or anything for that matter, so this should be interesting. I stirred the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt with the milk, eggs and butter. The frying pan was already heated and greased, so I started cooking. When I was done, I had a stack of pancakes in varying sizes, many were lopsided and a few were burnt completely black, but at least none were under cooked. I think.