Chapter 9: Sock Opera (Part 3)

Someone was tapping me on the shoulder. My eyelids felt heavy. I kept blinking, trying to remove the haze from my vision. A headache was settling in as I recalled what happened.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" a voice called.

I forced my eyes open and saw a floating Dipper puppet sitting in front of my face! A Loud scream escaped me. Either I'm dreaming or I've gone crazy.

The puppet started speaking, "Y/n, it's me, Dipper! Are you okay?"

I paused for a moment, trying to process what I was seeing. "Yeah... yeah... I'm fine," I replied, trying to ignore my headache.

"Okay, I don't have time to explain how this happened, but you need to go and stop Bill! You haven't been out long but you have to hurry!"

"Right," I agreed. I stood up, forcing my body to ignore its pleas to lay back down. I ran out of the room to stop Bill before he could get his hands on the journal.

I saw him walking the catwalk above the stage and I rushed to get up there with him. By the time I got up, he was reaching into the big wedding cake prop to grab the journal. I sprinted towards him and tackled him, sending us into a double summer sault.

While he was still in shock, I jumped up and ran at full speed to the wedding cake prop. I climbed in the prop and grabbed the journal. Just as I was trying to climb back out, Bill latched his hands onto the journal.

"Let go!" I demanded in defiance.

"Y/n! Stop this!" Bill pleaded. "Join me, things can go back to how they used to be!"

"Not a chance!" I yelled, then yanked the journal as hard as I could, bringing Bill with it.

The ropes on the wedding cake untied under our weight and we spiraled down onto the stage. The cake smashed to pieces once it hit the ground. I wrestled with Bill in the fog that had coated the stage while the colourful lasers glowed in the background. We rolled over each other and I hit Bill in the face with the journal to get away from him.

As I ran around the stage, I saw Mabel rise from behind her play props in complete distress. "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!"

"Bill's possessing Dipper's body! He's trying to get the journal!" I explained.

I think in that moment, Mabel came to a moment of realization. I could see it in her eyes that she now felt bad about abandoning Dipper.

As Bill charged at me, Mabel forgot her play and understood she needed to help Dipper. "Pass it here!" she yelled.

Just before Bill could attack me, I threw the journal over his head to Mabel. She caught it and Bill changed targets.

"Get out of my brother's body, you evil triangle!" Mabel bellowed as Bill came barreling towards her.

"You can't stop me! I'm a being of pure energy with no weakness!" he lunged at Mabel.

Mabel was tackled to the ground, then smiled. "True, but you're in Dipper's body. And I know all his weaknesses!"

"Whaddya mean his-"

Without hesitation, Mabel began tickling him. "Tickle, Tickle!"

Uncontrollable laughter erupted from Bill as he rolled onto the floor. "Aah! Body spasms! What are these?" he stood up and tried to go after Mabel again, but Mabel was prepared.

"A little note about the human body- You haven't slept for 24 hours!" Mabel blurted as she ran around the stage, followed by a sluggish Bill. "Also, I got a full night's sleep and I'm on four mega-shots of Mabel Juice!"