Chapter 7: Gideon Rises (Part 3)

Dipper's POV:

The time had come for me and Mabel to leave. Bags in hand, we stood in front of the bus doors and walked up the stairs.

As we walked between the seats, the speakers announced, "Bus 52, departing Gravity Falls, all aboard."

We settled down at the back seat of the bus and stared out the window. Stan stared at us through the window.

"Sorry kids, it's for the best," Stan muttered before turning away.

Wendy, Candy and Grenda had come too, but the one I was most interested in was Y/n. We said our goodbyes, even though I didn't want to. I wished I'd never lost the journal. Maybe then things would be different. As the bus pulled away, Y/n, Stan, Wendy, Candy and Grenda faded into the distance.

Me and Mabel had our hands pressed against the window as we watched Gravity Falls pass by.

"Can't believe this is happening," I murmured.

I looked out the back window a little longer before I shifted down in my seat and watched the trees go by. I rested my elbow on the window sill watched as we passed a sign that read "TOWN BORDER 10 MILES".

"Hey, Dipper, wanna play bus seat treasure hunt?" Mabel asked sweetly.

"I'm not in the mood," I mumbled in response.

"Aw, come on!" Mabel persisted, lifting up the seat next to me. I turned my head and watched her identify the objects. "We got Canadian coins, gum that shaped like Ronald Reagan's head, ooh! Miscellaneous fluid stain?"

But, I wasn't into it. As I turned back to the window, something white and blue caught my eye. I narrowed my eyes.

"Giant robot!" I yelled, pointing towards the fast-approaching Gideon-bot. It had to be like 100 feet tall!

The Gideon-bot jumped out from the trees, landed on the road and began chasing the bus! "Halt! I command you to halt!" His voice echoed over the tree tops.

In a panic, me and Mabel ran to the front of the bus to alert the bus driver.

"Mr. Bus driver! There is a giant Gideon-bot coming towards us!" Mabel yelled.

The bus driver turned towards us and we smiled in happiness, it was Soos! "Oh hey, dudes!" he beamed.

"Soos!" we gasped.

"Don't worry guys. I've been a part-time bus driver for at least 40 minutes. One of these is probably a clutch..." he said as he yanked down one of the levers. "Hang on, dudes!"

The Gideon Bot continued to chase after us.

"Soos! Watch out!" Mabel yelled as Gideon Bot blocked our path using his hand.

Soos turned the wheel and the bus swerved into a "Closed Road" sign and climbed the mountain. At first, the bot struggled to follow but quickly pulled himself onto the mountain road and continued his chase.

"He already won! What does he want from us?" I asked, stupefied. I turned my head and realized where we were going. "Soos! Cliff!"

Not a moment too soon did Soos step on the breaks. The bus turned and skidded but luckily came to a rolling stop before the bus of could fall off the cliff. The back tires were dangling off the cliff, so we were stuck. I could feel the bus rocking back and forth as the Gideon Bot approached. With each step he took, the ground shook

"Dudes! Run!" Soos ordered.

Mabel and I escaped through the back door and somehow managed to scale the cliff before Gideon could catch us. As we reached the railway that conjoined the cliff to another, I heard the Gideon Bot shaking the top off the bus. Me and Mabel ran across the tracks only to find that both sides of the tracks were a dead end. Gideon quickly realized we weren't in the bus and leaped off of the cliff and landed on the train tracks. The tracks shuddered, knocking me and Mabel back.