Chapter 1: Tourist Trapped (Part 3)

"Don't worry, Mabel! We'll save you from that zombie!" Dipper yelled.

Oh. My. Gosh.  Driving through the forest on a golf cart with Dipper made the danger seem so much more... real. As scary as knowing that Mabel's life is in danger, and maybe my own, may be, the adrenaline that came with it was exhilarating.

I heard Mabel calling for us, "Help!"

"Hold on, Mabel! We're coming!" I reassured.

Dipper and I could now see Mabel surrounded by a bunch of... little bearded men with hats...?

One of the little bearded men was biting Mabel's arm. "Let go of me!" Mabel pushed him of her arm. The little man bounced around then stood up right and puked a rainbow.

I grabbed the shovel. Dipper and I got out of the cart.

"What the heck is going on here?" Dipper gasped.

"Dipper! Y/N! Norman turned out to be a bunch of gnomes! And they're total jerks!"

"Gnomes? Hmm, we were way off." I looked at Dipper.

Dipper took out his journal. "Gnomes: little men of the Gravity Falls Forest. Weaknesses: unknown."

We turned back to Mabel to see that the gnomes had tied her down. "Aw, come on!"

Dipper approached one of the gnomes. "Hey, HEY! Let go of my sister!"

"Oh! Ha ha, hey, there! Um, you know, this is all really just a big misunderstanding. You see, your sister's not in danger. She's just marrying all one thousand of us and becoming our gnome queen for all eternity! Isn't that right, honey?" the gnome babbled.

"You guys are butt-faces!" Mabel retorted.

I lifted the shovel towards the gnome's face. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Give her back right now, or else!

"You think you can stop us, girl? You have no idea what we're capable of. The gnomes are a powerful race!Do not trifle with the-"

I wasn't impressed. He was like a foot tall, what could he possibly do? I took the shovel and tossed him aside. I ran up to Mabel, using my shovel, I cut her free. The three of us ran to the golf cart and crowded in.

"They're getting away with our queen! No, no, no!" I heard one of the gnomes holler.

The golf cart backed up and started driving through the forest.

"Hurry, before they come after us!"Mabel warned.

"I wouldn't worry about it. See their little legs? Those suckers are tiny!" Dipper joked.

"Uhh... guys?" Behind us was a gigantic monster created entirely of gnomes.

"Dang."

From the top of the monster, I could hear a gnome directing the others, "All right, teamwork, guys. Like we practiced."

"Drive, drive, drive!" I ordered.

Just as the cart pulled away, the monster's fist smashed the ground. "Come back with our queen!"

"It's getting closer!" Mabel panicked.

As if being chased by a giant gnome monster wasn't enough, a few seconds later, several gnomes were launched at the golf cart. Dipper and Mabel handled the gnomes attacking the front and I got the ones attacking the back with the shovel. While fending of the gnomes, I noticed one fall of with Dipper's hat in hand. He's not getting that back.

I watched the gnome monster pick up a tree and throw it at us. "Look out!"

All of us screamed. Dipper turned the cart to avoid the tree. The golf cart swirled out of control and we crash landed in front of The Mystery Shack. The  cart had landed on his side. Dipper, Mabel and I crawled out. The gnome monster stood before us.