Chapter 1: Tourist Trapped (Part 1)

A/N: Hey fantastical readers! Most of the chapters in "A Summer in Gravity Falls" will follow the Gravity Falls plot line. The chapters won't be exactly the same, but similar. There will be a few chapters that will be extremely different or completely written by me, especially near the end. Also, you should know, I'm new to story writing so you should expect some grammatical errors... Anyways, without further ado...

Wait! Just a little more ado... if that makes any sense. My apologies for yet another interruption. I just wanted to notify any new readers of the fact that I have just read this chapter for the first time since I wrote it and realized how cringe-worthy my writing style is in this chapter. So, the first chapters may seem very illiterate but the story gets better later on! I think. Anyways, NOW, without further ado... my cringe-worthy writing...

Y/N's POV:

I held my backpack on my lap and started fiddling with the zippers. I was getting kind of nervous.

Okay, so, for reasons that I cannot understand, my parents are sending me to some place called Gravity Falls for the summer. I say "reasons that I cannot understand" because, well, the only reason my parents gave me was "we're busy this summer and won't have the time to take care of you". Very peculiar considering they never seem to have anything going on in their lives.

My parents said that I'd be living with an old friend of theirs, Stan Pines. They also mentioned that Stan's niece and nephew were also staying with him for the summer. Unfortunately, my parents also told me that I would be working at The Mystery Shack which is a tourist attraction that is connected to Stan's house. Working wasn't exactly what I had planned for the summer, but I didn't have much of a choice.

I looked out the window just as the bus past a sign that read "Welcome to Gravity Falls". Great, I'm here. The bus pulled to a stop. I put my backpack over my shoulders and walked off the bus.

I scanned my surroundings. From what I could tell, Gravity Falls seemed like a sleepy town, but I felt like there was more to it. Okay, now I need to find The Mystery Shack... and that's when I came to the realization that my parents hadn't given me directions. Fortunately, someone came to my rescue.

A girl with brown eyes, long, brown hair wearing a shooting star sweater jumped up in front of me and stood uncomfortably close. "HI, I'M MABEL! YOU MUST BE Y/N!"

"Uhh, yeah. Do y-"

Mabel wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. "YAY! Y/N, I can tell that we're going to be good friends," Mabel smiled.

Mabel seemed very... enthusiastic, but she also seemed like a really nice person.

"Oh yeah," Mabel exclaimed, pointing towards a boy in a golf cart. "That dork in the in the golf cart is my twin brother Dipper! Come on!"

Mabel grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the golf cart.

As I got closer, I got a better view of Dipper. He wore an orange t-shirt, a blue vest and a brown hat. He had brown eyes and scruffy brown hair. He was kind of cute... in a dorky way.

"Hey, I'm Dipper. You must be Y/N?"

"Uhh, yeah," I answered.

"Okay, get in the cart so we can go introduce you to our Grunkle Stan!" Mabel exclaimed.

I sat beside Dipper and Mabel sat beside me. Dipper pressed the gas peddle and the golf cart drove down a path that led through the forest.

After driving for a while, I was able to see a wooden shack through the trees. From what I could tell, it looked pretty run down. The golf cart emerged from the forest and The Mystery Shack became quite clear. It looked like an older building, a little rough around the edges. The S in the word Shack had fallen off the sign. The golf cart came to a halt in front of the entrance to the gift shop.