Chapter 7: Gideon Rises (Part 2)

Y/n's POV:

I hated feeling so useless. I wanted to do something helpful, but instead I was gathered around Soos' toy race track with him, Dipper and Mabel."

"Go red car!" Mabel cheered.

"Go other red car!" Soos chanted.

"This would be a lot more fun with batteries," Dipper sighed.

Then, Stan entered the room, putting an end to the game. He looked more down than he had thus far. He clearly had something he wanted to tell us. The four of us stood up and waited for him to speak.

Uneasily, he cleared his throat. "Kids, we've got to talk. Look I've been thinking and... I can't take care of you anymore. I don't have house or a job. The plan is, you're goin' home. Your bus leaves tomorrow, here are your tickets." He held out two yellow slits of paper.

We stared in disbelief. Dipper and Mabel refused to take the tickets, not wanting to leave. Stan hesitantly set them on the table.

"As for you, Y/n, you're staying here in Gravity Falls," he added slowly.

I liked Gravity Falls, and I wanted to stay here, but only if Dipper and Mabel could too.

"But, why?" I asked. "If they're going, why do I have to stay?"

"Wasn't my idea. It was your parents. You'll have to ask 'em."

"Fine. I will," I replied, walking into the kitchen. I turned to the white landline and took the chorded phone off the rack. Then, I punched in my home number.

Slowly, I raised the phone to my ear and listened to it ring. I had no clue why my parents would want me to stay here.

Suddenly, someone picked up on the other line. "Hello?" The soft voice belonged to my mother.

"Mom, it's me, Y/n."

"Oh, Y/n! It's so nice to hear your voice," she said happily. "Your dad and I miss you a lot."

"I miss you too. But, uh, I have a question for you."

"Oh, I'm sure I know what this is about."

"Yeah," I responded. "So why do you want me to stay in Gravity Falls?"

"Well, you like it there, don't you?"

"Yeah, but I really don't have a reason to stay here if Dipper and Mabel are gone."

"I see."

Then, a thought came to my mind and I couldn't help but ask it. "Are there problems going on between you and dad?"

"What? No, of course not!" she replied hastily. "I can't explain it right now, but you'll understand eventually. You'll just have to trust me." Her voice sounded tense.

I stayed silent. I understood less than before I called. I really hated all the secrecy. I just wish I knew what she was hiding. She had never really given me a reason as to why I had to come to Gravity Falls in the first place.

"Well, I've got to go, but I'll talk to you later, sweetheart. I'm sure Stan will keep me updated," mom piped up.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too, Y/n." And with that, the call was over.

I walked back into the living room just in time to see Stan leave. "Sorry kids, Gideon won. Summer's over," he sighed as he walked out the open door.

Soos chased after him yelling "Mr. Pines! RECONSIDER!!"

Judging from that, things went just as poorly here as they did on my phone call.