chapter 10

Zuko walked along the beach, staring at his feet. He didn't know how far he walked and he didn't really care. He just had to get away. His eyes were drawn out over the ocean and he watched the waves gently smooth the sand out. Then his eyes slowly made it up to the moon. He noticed if you watched it for a minute, you could almost see her face.

"Yue, why would you tell me something like that?" he whispered. "Who are you and how do I know you?"

He wasn't watching where he was walking and ran into something, making him fall on the sand. He almost screamed when he saw what, or rather who it was that he ran into.

"You know who I was. I was once the Princess of the Northern Water Tribe."

"Why-h-how are you here?" he stuttered at the girl.

She smiled at him as he attempted to stand up again. "I told you because you are to join them. They will not turn you away because I will not let them. I can help Sokka accept your relationship with Katara. I'm glad she finally found someone, though you aren't exactly what I expected for her. They have an addition to their group now that you may recognize, so I'll do what I can to help them get a better mode of transportation because Appa won't be able to carry all of you."

Zuko was still in shock and trying to get over the fact that he could still see through her. "Y-you mean, like a ship?"

She giggled a little. "Yeah, something like that." She paused and looked up at the sky. "I don't have much time left. Tell Katara to keep her eyes on the horizon in a couple days. Now, go back to her. Everything will turn out okay."

He wanted to ask her more, but she had already faded back into the nothingness that she had appeared out of. "Well, at least now I know where I know she from," he muttered to himself as he turned back the way he had come. He walked faster than before, a little anxious to get back to Katara. He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell her what Yue said though. "I'm being selfish, that's why," he sighed. "Maybe things will be okay. I think I can trust her. I want to trust her."

He made it back to the cave and saw her curled up near his uncle, her hand near her face and wound up in her loose hair. He smiled and quietly made it over to her, curling up behind her and wrapping her up in his arms. A small sigh escaped her slightly parted lips and he felt her snuggle into him. Maybe things will be okay.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because it could get infected and that could be dangerous."

"No, I mean why are you helping me?"

"We're nice people."

"Ouch!"

"Sorry." Sokka was cleaning and wrapping Ty Lee's arm as good as he knew how. "If Katara were here, she'd be able to heal this no problem."

"She's the waterbender, right?"

"Yeah."

"Where is she?"

"We have no idea, but it's near the water and we're pretty sure she's with Zuko. I swear if he touches my sister, I'll kill him."

Ty Lee was relieved. Part of her mind thought Katara was his girlfriend. "So.. why would she be with Zuko?"

"Because he kidnapped her a couple weeks ago."