Chapter 75- Nightmares, Dreams and Protests

Nobu's POV

I awoke with a start, blinking rapidly and rubbing at my eyes, only seeing darkness. My hands went to the arm thrown over my waist and I clung to it almost desperately. The feeling of fear coiled in my gut and my breaths left me in short and fast pants. I don't remember what I'd just been dreaming about but it certainly hadn't been pleasant, I had this lingering feeling of being watched and my eyes darted around the dark bedroom frantically, my heart beating like a loud drum in my ears and my gasped inhales deafening in the otherwise silent house. My skin crawled, I felt this... wrongness, all the way down to my bones, my very being was screaming.

"Ro." I croaked and shook and tugged at his arm around me, my eyes turning hot and itchy, blurring as they filled with tears.

He groaned from behind me, his arm tightening around my middle, his groggy voice reaching my ears. "Nobu... what's..."

Pressure built in my chest and went up to my throat, a loud sob breaking free and tears spilled down my cheeks. He wordlessly turned me around and pulled me flush to his chest, squeezing me tightly under the covers. I burrowed into his night-shirt and sobbed loudly into the soft fabric that was heavily infused in his scent, breathing it in almost desperately.

He hushed me and rubbed my back in soothing circles with one hand, the other gently went to my hair and his fingers gently brushed through the mused curls, the occasional kiss getting placed on my hairline.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, whimpering when sky blue eyes flashed behind them. I threw my own eyes open and looked up, desperately searching for familiar soft green eyes.

"Shh, I'm here Nobu." Ro cooed and brought our faces together, nuzzling our noses, his green eyes my light in the darkness, full of such love, concern and care.

I remembered it now, knowing made it worse, made me claw at Ro to somehow get closer, any air I could breathe in clogging in my seized throat, my lungs burned for oxygen which only made me more frightened.

I felt Ro moving against me, manipulating my body. He rolled me onto my side away from him and tugged off my clothes, his bare knee pressing against the back of mine and bending it to an angle that stopped me rolling onto my front. He made our bodies push flush together, both of his arms wrapping around my middle and pulling me back against his naked chest, all of his clothes now gone too.

A low rumble vibrated against my back and I sucked in a ragged breath to let out a pained cry when sharp canines punctured the skin at my nape.

My eyes flew open wide and I arched against him, my whole body tensing. Then it went lax and I went limp against him, my whole body seeming to reset, my lungs no longer closed up and my breathing slowing, becoming deep and even. My neck stung and the skin was pulled tight, the pressure seemed to drain all fear, panic, all negative emotions just left me.

I felt so secure and warm in his embrace, our skin brushing and sparking our bond. My eyes fluttered closed and a sigh left my lips.

He gently retracted his canines and licked at the puncture wounds, my body shuddering, my being feeling with rightness.

This was where I was meant to be, who I was meant to be with.

Sky blue eyes lingered in my vision, the same ones I'd dreamed of weeks ago.

"What was it Nobu?" Ro murmured against my neck, nosing and nuzzling against the fresh mark on my neck, soft growls mimicking purrs coming from him amongst snuffs that brushed the damp skin with cool air. "Nightmare?"

I sniffed and rubbed my sore eyes, trying to dry my cheeks with my fingers, a small smile tugging at my lips when Ro handed me his shirt. I wiped my face before snuggling my face into a dry part of the fabric, a deep purr bubbling up my throat. "I dreamed of those eyes again," I whispered, feeling panic and paranoia start to squeeze my heart but a nibble from Ro smoothed out my emotions and I calmed with an exhale. "I was in a really dark place, it was cold and silent, those eyes kept watching me, circling, slowly getting closer." I forced myself to tell him, knowing internalising it would do me no good, and I wanted his take, why was I having dreams about this? I was scared there was some truth to this dream, like the other.