Chapter 86- Mr Smoking-Hot

Ro's POV

We all fell into the school run like nothing had happened the last time, I was both grateful and increasingly nervous. Lukas had just left for work and Otto, Jasper, Emelia, Nobu and I was just leaving the house to walk to our respective places of education.

Jasper had blissfully kept his distance since he'd found out Nobu was pregnant like I was diseased or something and would send disgusted looks my way. I found it amusing more than anything and relieved his infatuation had been so short-lived.

I threw my arm over Jasper's shoulder and grinned when he glared at me. "Get off of me you... you-you spermatising asshole!" he exclaimed and tried to duck under my arm but I only gripped his shoulder and pulled him flush to my side, enjoying annoying him for a change.

"I thought you found me charming?" I mused, my cheeks aching from how wide I was smiling.

"You're about as charming as a bloody cow pat!" he spat and strode ahead. "Stupid thoughtful jerk giving my poor innocent brother parasites," he muttered under his breath.

"Hey! There my children you're talking about!"

Jasper yelped as he was shoved into a depressing looking bush that already looked like it had been flattened previously, and the brittle bare twigs snapped under Jaspers weight making him fall on the cold hard ground.

"I think between the both of you you've killed that poor bush." Emelia sighed and Nobu shrugged innocently.

"It's not my fault that Jasper keeps pissing me off at the same spot."

We managed to make it to school without any further arguments and I followed Nobu as he strode inside determinedly, having said a quick bye to his siblings, seeming to want to get this over with.

I caught up and slipped my hand into his, he squeezed my hand and glanced briefly up at me before we entered the school.

I saw many pairs of eyes latch onto us as we passed the threshold and loud whispering ensued. Nobu stalked down the hallway and I didn't even get a chance to glance at the spot on the grey linoleum where I'd almost bled out. We were at our lockers within a blink of an eye and Nobu's hand slipped free from mine to stuff his English and History books into his backpack, which if I remember correctly was our third and fourth periods, since the first two were double P.E, just great.

"What do you think we'll be doing in P.E today?" I wondered as put my own books in my bag and Nobu groaned loudly when he realised he'd have to participate since it's winter.

"I completely forgot about that, and I was looking forward to reading in the library for a few hours!" he groaned and slammed his locker shut, resting his forehead on the cool metal with another groan.

"Nobu!? Ro?! Your back?!" a familiar voice squeaked and I turned my head to see cute little Benjamin standing there with his glasses perched on the edge of his nose, the lenses still a little steamed up from the cold air outside, his backpack about half his size which only made the small shifter look even more endearing.

Some people might find it odd but I'd never felt my predatory instinct flair around Benjamin, if anything I'd felt protective of the little mouse but then again in shifted form he wasn't even a mouthful to my jaguar and wasn't natural prey, so instead my jaguar saw him as a friend and someone to protect.

"Hi Benjamin, yeah we're back for good." I rolled my eyes and he giggled lightly.

"Everybody can't stop talking about you two, and Carno of course but-" he made a face and pushed his glasses back up. "Are you okay Ro? Really? It must have been really scary getting attacked by a lion so suddenly." he asked in a soft and tentative voice, obviously worried for me as his friend but nervous about asking the questions, no doubt wondering if he was going too far dragging up the unpleasant past.