Chapter 91- Truly, Madly, Deeply

Nobu's POV

Now I remembered the dream I wished with all I had that I could forget.

Liam... he hadn't just...

I was almost full term in that dream, seeing him cut my baby boys out of me, gazing upon their little lifeless bodies had torn my heart to bits, the anguish I felt... I couldn't even comprehend it, nor could I stand it. I felt myself going numb inside. Their little lungs will never breathe in air, I'd never hear their laugh, feel their little hands and tickle their tiny toes. I'd never find out their shifts, see them walk, take them to their first day of school, see them find mates of their own.

He couldn't even let me mourn in peace. He didn't even wait a week.

I was jabbed with needles, whatever was inside made my soul feel like it was getting ripped from my body.

He didn't care. He ignored my screams of agony and violated me.

I was broken, inside and out. Every part of me that was Ro torn away, Liam destroyed what our love had created, he didn't just toss it on a fire, no, he fucking incinerated it.

Laying under Ro on our family sofa I couldn't believe that could ever happen, but I'd just seen it with my own eyes. Armel's declaration, Ro's comforts... just because we knew what was coming didn't mean we could stop it. As much as I wished it wasn't true Liam was going to try and take me, maybe not tomorrow, or next week, but he was, we could prepare all we could to try and prevent it, but the reality was he was coming for me.

I stared at Armel through my blurry vision, painful sobs wracking my body uncontrollably. He'd seen my fate, saw every detail. I expected words of comfort, more reassurances that Liam would be dead before he reached the doorstep, I didn't get either.

"Tell me everything you know about him." he ground out in simmering rage.

My father blistered with anger, stalking to his office and returning a few moments after with a single piece of paper. "This is all I have." my father handed it over and Armel scowled so hard at the piece of paper I'm surprised he didn't set it alight.

"Liam Harker-Rivian." he read aloud in a snarl before storming out of the house.

I felt Ro mouth the back of my neck and press his weight onto me, his possessive comfort helped ease my mental pain and my sobs quietened. I continued to cry quietly, my eyes creating a never-ending river down my cheeks. Feeling Ro so close grounded me, I couldn't deny where I was smelling his scent and feeling his silky fur against my soft and fluffy. Snuffs puffed out from his nose and his arms wouldn't unwrap from around me. His breaths were shaky and I felt dampness seeping through my fur slowly, he was crying just as I was, but he was staying strong for me. He was still mounting me but there was nothing sexual about it, it just brought him closer, reinforced that my mate was here, that I was his. Knowing Liam wouldn't be able to do any of what he had in that dream if he showed up right now allowed me to calm down slowly.

I had to just push it away for now, I couldn't handle it, I couldn't dwell on my possible future, I couldn't let him ruin my life, he wasn't worth it, nor did he deserve my distress. I wouldn't let him get to me like that, I wouldn't be frightened and live in fear for that day, I wouldn't pause at every corner and worry if he was on the other side, I wouldn't look over my shoulder, allowing him to affect me would just give him power.

I took some deep breaths and allowed myself to really feel Ro's presence, let him calm me like he was trying to. I felt myself slowly going lax underneath him, my tears slowing and finally stopping, leaving my cheeks feeling hot, swollen and itchy under my fur.