Chapter 8- "He's nice."

[Benjamin ^] 

"So who was that Jaguar that was all over you?" Emelia asked as she wiggled her eyebrows with a large grin.

"That was Ro." I answered, ignoring the second half of her sentence.

"Do you think he's handsome?" Emelia gave me a closed question on purpose and I rolled my eyes.

"He seems like a good guy and friend." I told her something else. Of course he was handsome, I really liked his pale green eyes and his shift was gorgeous, but I wasn't going to tell her that or I would never hear the end of it.

"So I take that as a yes then?" she pretty much squealed. "Mums going to be so happy." she decreed and I sighed.

"I just met him today Emelia, don't start planning our wedding with mum already." I stated and my brothers laughed.

"But come on, what did you think of him?" she pushed. What did I think of him? I do admit that I liked his scent, he smelt like the air after a heavy rainstorm during summer, that heady earthy smell called petrichor and a mix of honey, apples and coconut, with the musk that belonged to a Jaguar. It was rich and pleasant, calming yet exciting at the same time. As I said before I was really captivated by his large foam green eyes, his longer ink black hair looked glossy and soft. He had a pronounced, strong jaw, reflecting that his shift had the most powerful jaw of all felines, a prominent and straight nose, showcasing his shifts good sense of smell. He was stocky and tall, a few inches taller than me with muscular limbs and a robust and burly chest, he was definitely what you would call handsome. And his shift was no different, he wasn't completely melanistic, some parts of his fur, mostly his sides and flank were a dark brown and you could see the black rosettes that lie underneath, that pared with his striking green eyes, he really was a sight. Maybe I was a cross shifter, I internally groaned.

"He's nice." I shrugged.

"Nice?" she repeated.

"He's got nothing bad to say, so that's a good sign." Otto pointed out.

"I don't like this Ro, he was all over Nobu." Jasper crossed his arms.

"Well it's good that your opinion doesn't matter." Emelia brushed off his words. "But nice? That's the strongest word you've used to describe someone, ever, you must really like him." Emelia declared and I groaned, I wasn't going to hear the end of this for a long while. We reached our house and as soon as Emelia walked through the door she bellowed. "Nobu found a boy he likes." for the whole neighboured to hear and winced at her loudness and the words themselves. My mother ran into the room with her eyes alight and squealed as she embraced me in a hug.

"Oh my baby boy is growing up." she said as she crushed me in her arms. She pulled away and looked up at me and squealed again. "What's he like?" she demanded for me to tell her.

"He's a black panther." Jasper informed mother.

"The only panther that exists is the pink one, he is a melanistic jaguar." I corrected.

"Where does the name come from then?" Jasper defended.

"Because a Jaguar is in the genus Panthera, and before you say anything so is everyone here except Emelia and I, who both have our own separate genera (plural of genus)." I explained.

"Nerd." Jasper accused and I shrugged, being smart wasn't an insult, not to me anyway.

"So what do you think of him?" she interrogated me.

"Nobu called him 'nice'." Emelia told her and her ecstatic smile fell a bit.

"Just nice dear?" she pushed.