Chapter 101- Running High

Ro's POV

I did what Ehno told me to do, wondering how he knew about aftercare. It was something I'd read about in passing, I hadn't sought out the information but had come across it when looking for something else.

I carefully cleaned Nobu up, littering kisses on his skin all the while. I slipped my shirt over his head, knowing he liked having my scent close and I liked seeing him wear my clothes and smell like me. I would put something warm and fluffy on him but I know he'd just overheat.

I held back putting a clean pair of briefs on him, laying him down on clean sheets I'd just changed and he sighed softly against the cool material.

I put my hands on his thighs and parted them, lifting them up and setting them on my shoulders, shivering slightly when the soft skin of his thigh pressed against the fresh mark he'd left on my skin.

I gently started to lap at his entrance and he weakly arched with a whimper, still mostly out of it but welcoming my healing tongue on his sore entrance.

I felt the weight of his hand on my hair, my name a whispered plea on his lips.

I gathered saliva in my mouth, coating my tongue with it before gently thrusting it into Nobu.

His fingers were weak as they gripped onto my hair, quiet, pleasured sighs leaving his lips as I soothed the aches I'd caused.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand when I was done, staring down at a still blissed-out Nobu, thinking about how gorgeous he looked in my shirt that was too big for him, a dazed smile on his lips and his eyes heavily lidded.

One thing I do remember when I'd accidentally read about spacing was the trust that the more submissive partner needed to have in the more dominant one.

I mean I knew he trusted me but to the extent to be able to let go so completely?

It felt good knowing I could bring Nobu to such heights and that he trusted me to help him back down.

I fell a little more in love with him every day but my chest ached and bloomed with warmth, feeling a high of my own seeing him so relaxed and free of worry, especially with what's been going on recently.

Now free of any discomfort Nobu easily slipped into his dreams, a small smile on his lips, features further relaxing until he was the epitome of peace and I breathed out a sigh at the sight.

I felt like a good mate seeing Nobu so at peace and Ehno rumbled in agreement, pride and contentment bleeding through the barrier of our minds that was nothing more than an open doorway now.

I pulled on my boxers and jeans Nobu had seduced me out of twice today, grabbing the pile of dirty sheets and taking them downstairs, putting them in the machine and turning it on after I'd put in the detergent.

"You know how to use that thing?" Came from behind me and I turned to see a still amused Jasper. "You're turning into a perfect housewife more by the hour."

I clicked my teeth, my good mood not faltering at his teasing, I felt like I was on cloud nine right now and nothing could bring me down.

I'd satisfied my pregnant mate who was now soundly sleeping in our bed peacefully. A bed I'd ensured was clean, dressed only in my shirt that was strongly embussed with my shirt since I'd been wearing it all day, his fresh mark proudly displayed on my bare shoulder.

Caring for my mate was nothing to be embarrassed about or ashamed of, it gave me a sense of accomplishment and fulfilment, I was happy knowing I was being a good mate for Nobu and it eased my own stress knowing Nobu was safe, content and free from worry.

I walked passed Jasper and washed my hands before I went to fill a glass with cold water, adding a few ice cubes to keep it cold until Nobu woke up.

I filled a bowl with a variety of fruits, cutting up an apple with a small paring knife in my hands and adding the slices into the bowl. Peeling an orange and adding the segments to the bowl, topping it off with some chunks of watermelon that were already cut up in the fridge and slicing up a ripe banana, finding the dried apricots Elode had brought for Nobu to help boost his iron.

"Umm... you do know dinner was like half an hour ago?" Jasper had followed and stood dumbly whilst I prepared the bowl of fruit for Nobu.

"Nobu hardly touched his lunch and didn't finish his dinner." I offered as an explanation. The half-eaten ham sandwich was still in our shared lunch box, all the other items in there for him still untouched and he brushed away my attempts at trying to feed him some of my food. He'd made an effort to eat the roasted vegetable pasta bake and garlic bread Elode had made for dinner, he ate all the garlic bread but only ate half of the pasta, which was unusual for him.

Jasper tried to swipe a chunk of watermelon from the bowl but I slapped his hand away with a low growl, Ehno was also not pleased he was trying to take food away from our mate, especially since our cubs were growing in his belly.

"Ow!" Jasper complained and rubbed his hand with a hurt expression.

"You should know better than to take food meant for a pregnant mate." Otto tutted as he entered the kitchen, clicking the kettle on to make a coffee no doubt and he rubbed at his eyes with a tired yawn, his course work must be torture for him to look so tired and I worried for the kind hybrid.

"Are you okay Otto?" I asked with concern.

A strange feeling bubbled in my chest, my hand already wrapping around Otto's forearm gently, the need to touch him confusing me but the warmth bleeding from my hand and the easing of my worry telling me it was the gift Nobu had shared with me.

Omega healing wasn't just for injuries, it soothed and eased what couldn't be seen, it calmed and relaxed those around a shifter with that gift.

I'd only ever used it with Nobu and my father that one time, I'd almost forgotten what else it can do.

Otto relaxed at my touch and sighed heavily, stress leaving his shoulders and he was quickly looking a lot less tired and burnt out.

"Thanks, Ambrose." I nodded and went back to finishing the bowl of fruit, shivering when fingers brushed over the healed mark on my shoulder. "That's fascinating, I never knew mating marks could be put on the more dominant party," Otto murmured with intrigue.

Jasper snorted incredulously.

"I still don't know what you find so funny Jasper. Why is Nobu's want to claim me through mating so hilarious to you? He's just as male as the rest of us, his cross gene doesn't change that." I said with some irritation.

"Nobu mating you isn't what's funny, good on him and all that, it's the thought of you on your back with a dick up your arse, that I find deeply amusing." He finished with a chortle.

"And why is that?" I wondered, thinking that he was about to spirt some toxic masculinity shit.

"B-because, you're you!" He spluttered like it was obvious.

"Exactly, I'm me. I love Nobu and would do anything for him. He asked if he could mate me and I said yes, we'd talked about it before and I said I would, I kept my promise to him and I trust him enough to give control over to him. It's something he wanted, and I don't feel less of a man for giving it to him. I actually enjoyed it and seeing Nobu find pleasure in my body was-"

Jasper gagged loudly. "Have you no shame?! That's my little brother you're talking about!"

"I'm not the one who talks about him getting railed or that he has a fat ass." I countered, remembering some of the times Jasper said very unbrotherly things. "And you did ask what sex was like both to me and Nobu after we'd mated for the first time," I added.

"I was just curious! It's not fair that you've done so much and I haven't, I'm older, I should have done it first and since Cyrus is sensible I'm sure I'm going to wait for fucking ever for us to do anything. Hell, he hasn't even kissed me yet!" He exclaimed in frustration.

"Then make the first move, Jesus, and you act like I'm the girl for letting Nobu top me." I rolled my eyes, hoping to get a rise out of Jasper.

"If you ever want a chance of being the dominant one in the relationship you need to set the pace," Otto added and we shared a secret smile before he headed back into the sitting room with his coffee and I left Jasper gobsmacked and lost for words, going upstairs with the bowl of cut up fruit and sweating glass of cold water.

Nobu was still asleep when I reached our room so I set the bowl and glass on the bedside table. I sat on the edge of the bed and gently gathered him in my arms, one hand undoing his collar and setting it beside the bowl of fruit, needing to smell that sweet powdery scent.

I nosed and nuzzled at his throat, breathing in his scent sweetened with pregnancy and snuffing softly against his skin. I couldn't get enough of it, the smell alone made me so happy and the hand that wasn't holding a still-sleeping Nobu against my chest went to his stomach and rest there.

I rubbed my face over his scent gland on the underside of his jaw, just below his ear, low rumbles coming from my chest as I put that scent on all that could reach it.

He stirred at my nuzzling, a quiet purr vibrating in his throat as he woke up and noticed what I was doing. His hands covered mine on his stomach and he whispered out my name.

I hummed in response, pressing my nose to his neck and inhaling deeply, my eyes fluttering closed in contentment, a mix of my scent, his and our cubs on his skin.

I pulled away after a moment and pecked his lips, remembering the glass of water and bowl of fruit I'd brought up for him. First offering the sweating glass and besides from a confused look he let me put it to his lips and took a few large sips before gently pushing my hand away.

I picked up the bowl of fruit next and put a piece of watermelon to his lips. I knew it was one of his favourite fruits, which is why I picked it first.

He opened his mouth to say something but I popped the piece of watermelon in his mouth, causing him to huff and puff up his cheeks but he ate it without verbal complaint.

I followed the piece of watermelon with a slice of apple and managed to get him to eat almost the whole bowl before he managed to offer a form of complaint, I popped the last few slices of apple and a segment of orange in my mouth with a victorious smile.

'This pregnancy is going to turn you into a feeder.'  Ehno muttered and I rolled my eyes internally.

'Don't be so dramatic, I'm just making sure he's eating enough for him and our two cubs.'

"Didn't we just eat dinner?" Nobu complained, still a little sleepy.

"You hardly touched your lunch and didn't finish your dinner," I argued, getting a little deja vu having had this conversation with Jasper not so long ago.

I cupped the side of Nobu's face and caressed his cheek with the pad of my thumb, smiling softly when he leaned into my touch with a deep purr. "I didn't want you or the boys to go hungry." I expressed my worry and he sighed softly against my palm.

"I know Ro. But why fruit and a glass of water?" He wondered.

I smiled a little sheepishly. "Ehno suggested those two things specifically, he said they'd help after all the exercise," I said with a slight chuckle.

He huffed and was about to mutter something but his face went slack, eyes going wide in horror.

I wrapped him tightly in my arms and squeezed comfortingly. "You didn't Nobu, sometimes if you orgasm really hard extra prostate fluid makes your cum come out watery. I promise you didn't." I reassured him as he started to sniffle against my chest.

"You're sure?" He whispered shakily, still hiding his face.

"Yes."

"Promise?" He peaked up at me with red cheeks and eyes swimming with tears and I silently cooed.

"I promise Nobu." I leaned down and kissed him gently. "I feel kinda proud making you cum so hard.' I murmured against his lips and laughed when he lightly slapped my chest with a scowl.

I pulled him further onto my lap until his bare thighs pressed against the outside of mine and I wrapped my arms around him and rested my crossed hands by the small of his back.

I rubbed our noses together with a low snuff, my eyes falling closed as I lost myself in gently nuzzling against his face, my lips placing light kisses where I'd rubbed my nose and cheeks against him and I buttled his jaw with my forehead, a quiet growl rumbling in my chest as I remembered the trust he'd put in me and how he'd fallen apart against my chest.

My nose found his scent gland again after I gently knocked his head up and I pressed my face against his neck, breathing in deeply and shuddering, squeezing his middle a little tighter, overwhelmed by the emotions I was feeling.

Nobu purred full-throatedly, the sound full of little trills to convey affection and contentment, his fingers gently starting to card through my long dark hair, getting lost in its thickness and raking his nails across my scalp.

I groaned at the nice feeling, my hands going to rest on the top of his thighs, slowly rubbing up and down the bare skin, loving how soft and warm they were, firm but still able to squeeze and hold onto.

I struggled to express the mess of emotions coiling in my stomach, overwhelmed and I ended up nibbling at his skin, mouthing it a little harshly when my eyes started to burn with warmth. I let out a shuddering breath and soothed the bitten skin with my tongue.

"Ro?" His gentle tone and concern only made that burning worse and I felt the first few hot tears spill from my burning eyes and run down my cheeks.

I gasped out a sob and squeezed my eyes shut tightly, feeling so vulnerable right now. I didn't think Nobu would think less of me for crying but before I met him I had no shoulder to cry on and toxic masculinity was very prevalent amongst shifter males and showing any sort of sensitivity was a weakness.

It was hard for me to let go and not force the tears and sobs away, trying to muffle them and hide them from Nobu.

I was happy, that was the kicker, I should be smiling but all I could do was cry.

I felt his cool hands cup my hot and damp cheeks and I sobbed harder at his gentle touch.

"Ro? What's wrong?" He whispered softly.

I didn't know.

I was feeling too much and I couldn't comprehend anything anymore, I was overwhelmed.

All I could do was shake my head and breathe raggedly through the lump in my throat and my sobs.

He guided my cheek to his chest, one arm holding me to him, the other soothingly raking through my hair, a calming purr from his throat going through me and I finally let myself go in his arms, hugging his middle tightly and crying freely into the shirt of mine I'd put on him.

He hushed me softly and pressed gentle kisses to my forehead and murmured comforting words against my skin.

I heard the bedroom door open and it was silent for a moment before Jasper make a remark. "I think your dick broke him Nobu."

"Get the fuck out!" Nobu hissed back and pressed me deeper into his chest protectively.

"Alright, Jesus! I was only trying to lighten the mood."

"You don't need to try and turn everything into a joke Jasper, can't you be serious for once?" Nobu huffed and rubbed my bare back as I gasped out a loud sob, worried that Jasper would comment something a lot less sensitive.

"He's really upset isn't he?"

"No fucking shit Sherlock, what do you want? A fucking medal? If you're not going to help, get out, I don't need you making him feel worse."

His protectiveness made me feel safe in the circle of his arms and warmed me from the inside, my heart bursting with my love for him.

"What upset him though?" Jasper asked tentatively, I can tell he was closer and the bed dipped as he sat down beside us, his basil and grapefruit scent somehow getting through my blocked nose. I felt another hand on my back rubbing in small circles and I was surprised he'd actually listened to Nobu and was capable of comforting anything without coming across as mocking or sarcastic.

"I don't know!" Nobu whined and squeezed me tightly.

"Did anything happen? What were you talking about before?" Jasper suggested sincerely.

"... sex," Nobu mumbled shyly and I knew his face was blushing cutely.

I didn't want to miss it so I wiped at my eyes and sniffed a few times, looking up at Nobu and feeling happiness at his rosy cheeks and embarrassed expression, so cute!

Through my blurry vision, our eyes met but mine closed when he gently wiped more tears from my wet and swollen face.

"What's wrong Ro?" Nobu asked again.

"Yeah, what's wrong Mr MoneyBags?" Jasper chipped in and I laughed weakly at his old nickname for me.

"I love your brother so much it feels like it's killing me." I croaked.

Jasper snorted out a disbelieving laugh, managing to get out two words. "Who... Otto?" He laughed even harder after and I heard Nobu smack his shoulder. "Ow! But seriously dude, you were sobbing because you love Nobu? Didn't he say you were talking about the horizontal tango before you practically had a mental breakdown? I mean Jesus, the only times I've seen you cry is when you found out you'd knocked up my little brother and when he was in a coma. What kind of sex were you talking about?"

"Horizontal tango?" Nobu echoed with confusion.

"Sex Nobu, it means sex." Then it was Jasper's turn to pat Nobu's shoulder.

I sniffed again because of my blocked nose and Nobu climbed off my lap and into the bathroom, probably to get me a tissue.

"Come on Ro, what were you actually talking about?" Jasper whispered and bumped our shoulders, his expression the epitome of curiosity.

I sighed and sniffed again, rubbing at my itching eyes. "Nobu spaced out alright, and I think we're going to need another rug, there's prostate fluid all over it and I doubt that it's going to wash out," I confessed quietly.

Jasper gawped at me in utter disbelief and shock, looking like a fish as his lips flapped silently, small strangled sounds leaving his throat.

I did laugh though when he sat up on his knees and leaned over in a prayer position. "What the fuck are you doing?" I sniggered.

"Praying to the god of dick, dur." He said, his voice muffled against the sheets. "Teach me, master." He implored, straightening with his arms up before bowing and I couldn't.

I broke down, laughing hysterically and Nobu came back in the room and looked so confused seeing me on my back laughing myself to tears with Jasper continuing to pray and bow towards me.

"What are you two doing?"

"You didn't tell me he was that good in bed Nobu, I feel betrayed, and blindsided." Jasper huffed with feigned annoyance when he finally stopped his shenanigans. "I mean he's fucking loaded..." he held up one finger and started to count with each of his points..., "hot as fuck, got porn dick, he's altruistic and doesn't exploit your rare shift, he can fucking paint better than that da Vinci dude, he'd fucking die for you, he's sensitive and loving, got that cool backstory, gang ties and a cool ass name to go with it, and he can lay some mad pipe?! I can list more but I've run out of fingers."

Woah... maybe I should break down sobbing more often if it means Jasper will stroke my ego like that.

I'm joking.

Nobu came over, the tissue in his hand forgotten as he climbed back onto my lap and I grunted when he plopped himself down right on my dick, he didn't have anything on under my shirt he was wearing either.

"Nobu." I groaned quietly and grasped his hip to adjust where most of his weight was pressing.

"He's my mate," Nobu growled possessively at Jasper.

"Yeah, I think you sitting yourself on his dick make that clear enough." Jasper rolled his eyes. "I'm over him anyway, no offence dickface," he glanced at me with fake sympathy, "Cyrus is who I want now. Speaking of Cyrus, I came in here in the first place to get some pointers on kissing."

Huh, seemed he took my advice to heart on making a move.

"Why us?" Nobu grumbled.

"Well, who else am I supposed to fucking ask? Our parents? Bleh, I think I'd vomit on the spot if they tried to coach me through kissing."

"But you're okay with asking your younger brother?" Nobu scoffed.

"I was thinking more Ro than you." Jasper grinned at Nobu.

"Can't you watch a youtube tutorial or something?" Nobu said with annoyance, turning around on my lap and leaning back against my chest, snuggling back when my arms went around him and I had to grab the hem of the shirt when it rose dangerously high on his thighs, tugging it down so he didn't flash Jasper.

"Wait!" Jasper squeaked. "You're naked under that shirt?!"

Nobu blushed and carefully climbed off of the bed to put on some underwear.

"You're not going to ask me how to do other things are you?" I asked Jasper.

"What do you mean? We're friends, right? Don't friends help each other out?" He pouted.

"I don't know about you but I don't talk about intimate stuff with my friends."

"Well, you've talked about that stuff with me before." He argued.

"Because you started it." I countered.

"Please?" He whined. "I want to impress Cyrus."

"And how exactly am I supposed to teach you how to kiss? Besides everything else? No one taught me, you just learn with your mate, as it's supposed to be."

"Please? Come on Ro, I rubbed your back when you were crying."

"And I'll rub your back when you cry but kissing is something you learn by doing, me telling you to do this and do that will only distract you when you do kiss Cyrus. You need to just go with the flow and do what feels right." I tried to explain.

"Ro's right." Nobu agreed as he sat back down on the bed. "Every kiss is different and there is no one way to kiss, most of the time you're just reacting to what you're partner does and seeing where it takes you." He shrugged.

I was stunned when Jasper leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. It only lasted a moment before I used his birdnest of a hairdo to part out lips and give him a 'really' look, Nobu silently fuming beside me.

"Why didn't you kiss me back?"

Stupid question.

I felt cool fingers on my chin before Nobu crushed his lips against mine, letting out a possessive growl as he kissed me passionately.

I made a soft sound of surprise in the back of my throat but welcomed the kiss, my lips parting to reciprocate, only to be pushed onto my back and pinned against the bed, Nobu nipping at my bottom lip, demanding to lead the kiss, his tongue slipping into my mouth and I caressed it with my own, beginning to pant softly as he skillfully flicked and rubbed his tongue inside my mouth, his soft lips against mine and I groaned at how good it felt.

I took control and ravished Nobu's mouth until he went limp on top of me, whimpering and gasping for breath and I ended the kiss and smirked with pride at his dazed expression.

Jasper wolf-whistled and I sighed, he was still here?

I climbed off Nobu and raked my fingers through my hair as I sat down on the edge of the bed, standing up after a moment, only to be pushed back against a nearby wall, slightly chapped lips slanting against mine, the scent of grapefruit and basil filling my nose.

Ehno was far from pleased that Jasper kept forcing kisses between us but I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to fuck with Jasper.

I picked up Jasper by the back of his thighs, spun around and pinned him against the wall, pressing the semi Nobu had given me against his ass and getting so close my bare chest pressed against his clothed front, kissing him harshly for a few moments, tongue, teeth and all.

I ripped my mouth away from his and snarled in his face, feeling my eyes fair as Ehno stirred inside me.

Jasper looked dazed, face flushed and lips a deep red, parted to let out gasps, his ice blue eyes wide and unfocused.

'Cyrus is going to be so jealous' Ehno sniggered and I smirked, agreeing with my shift.

An idea surfaced in my mind and my smirk turned wicked.

My hand slipped into Jasper's back pocket and fished out his phone, shaking my head slightly when I found there was no passcode on it at all. I easily captured Jasper's hands in my one free one when he tried to grab the phone from my hand and held them immobile, nothing but my hips holding him up.

"Give me my phone back dickface!" he demanded as he wiggled desperately.

I  snapped a picture of Jasper's dazed and thoroughly kissed expression.

"Delete that picture right now!" he hissed.

I ignored him and went to Jasper's contact list, I easily found Cyrus' contact and showed Jasper what I was doing.

"No! Don't you dare send that picture!" he screeched.

I pressed send, knowing the prehistoric kitty would be at our door in minutes.

I made sure to rub my aroused scent on Jasper's clothes and he managed to get his hands free and frantically pushed at my chest.

I dropped him to the floor and spun him around, pressing against his back and he squeaked when our lower halves moulded together.

I put my mouth to his ear and smirked against the skin. "I'm sure lover boy is already on his way. You'll get that kiss you wanted and probably a lot more, why are you complaining?"

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke. "He's going to rip you to shreds for touching me!"

"You touched me first." I countered and finally moved away from him, only a little worried about what Cyrus would do to me once he got here, more interested in what he'd do to Jasper.

Would I have enough time to make some popcorn?