WE WEREN'T SAYING

WE WEREN'T SAYING

She stood and watched him break his heart from afar

She stood and watched him break his heart from afar. She sat and awaited for everything to fade. The past that she wished to avoid repeats itself. What options does she have when the odds are stacked against her, including the passage of time?

Matagal ng mulat si Kate sa pag-ibig na hindi nararapat sa mata ng mga tao. She grew up knowing this because of her parents who had her at the worst situation. Kaya nga bata pa lang siya, pinangako niya sa sarili niya na hinding-hindi siya tutulad sa pag-ibig na bumuo sakanya.

For her, it wasn't acceptable.

For her, it was shameful.

However, as she gradually lost everything, Van was the only one who brought color into her otherwise monotonous world. He's the one person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Kahit pa maghintay siya nang matagal. Kahit ilang taon pa siyang tumanaw sa malayo at pagmasdan siyang nagmamahal ng iba. Yet, she concluded that she wasn't a martyr, and because of this, she confessed. Not only to him but also everybody else as well. She let everyone knows that he has her, but she does not have him... at least for the time being.

A stand-alone story.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Warning:
Few chapters may contain words or scenes that are not suitable for all ages.

WE WEREN'T SAYING is also published in Novelah, Finovel, and Storyon. This story is completed on these platforms with exclusive chapters in Van's POV.

2022