Kabanata 35

This is the final chapter of Kate's story. It has been a long ride. From the beginning to the end, I have always thought of the ending of her story. It stayed the same until the very end. For once, I never thought of any other ending aside from this.

WWS means so much to me. This is the first time I have written a story again after a long time. I hope you can understand the words in this story, even though I know that everyone sees things differently.

May you all love the people you wish to spend the rest of your lives with. May you find the courage to express your feelings to them. Until the end of time, may there be no regrets for you.

May you realize that there are many kinds of love to experience in this life, even if you believe you have failed at one.

Please enjoy the final chapter. Thank you for staying and reading this chapter.

-

You And Me, Always

I woke up from my afternoon sleep when my mother asked me if I wanted to join her outside. She told me that she'd meet with her friends.

We don't go out often so I agreed. Minsan lang kami lumabas at kailangan pa na laging magpaalam kay Papa. At kung lalabas man kami, dapat ay nasa tapat lang ng bahay.

While holding each other's hand, sabay kaming bumaba ni Mama sa hagdan. I was happily skipping when we passed by Tita Ava.

Mama immediately bowed to her direction a little bit kaya ginaya ko siya.

I saw Kuya Gael watching us. I pouted and pulled my mother's hand.

I want to go out already. I can already hear the maids talking about us.

It is not yet clear to me, but I have always understood that our existence here is not entirely accepted. It was evident from how they looked at us, especially at my mother, who always ignored those actions.

She smiled at me when our eyes met each other. Suddenly, she crouched, and I was in her arms already.

Habang buhat-buhat ako ni Mama sa mga braso niya, I hugged her neck tight and buried my face on it.

Tahimik niya akong buhat habang naglalakad siya.

I opened my eyes as I saw our house shrinking in size.

I wonder if we will get our own home in the future.

I watched the different familiar objects go little by little. It seems like we are getting far away.

Nang huminto si Mama sa paglalakad at yumuko para bumaba na ako, hindi ko alam kung bakit bigla akong kinabahan.

I don't know anyone here. This is the first time we have gone here to a park. I didn't know that it even existed.

I anxiously looked at my mother who smiled gently at me. I rubbed my hands together which she immediately held.

"I will leave you here in the meantime. I will be talking with my friends," tinuro niya ang dalawang babae na nakaupo sa mahabang kahoy na bench. Mukhang hinihintay na ang Mama ko. "I will be watching over you. Go ahead and play with everyone here, okay?" She said and pinched my cheeks after.

I pouted and sat on the slide.

I don't know anyone here, so how can I play with them?

Sinubsob ko ang buong ulo ko sa magkabilang braso habang nakataas ang magkabilang tuhod. I pouted more, hoping that Mama will get me out of here or just play with me.

Mama didn't come after a few minutes...

Mama didn't come... so I glared in her direction before standing up.