Part 7- All dressed up

MIA

As I look myself over in the long mirror that's hanging in my bedroom I can't help but give out a big sigh wishing I'd been blessed with Joanie's features. Instead I've got long dull brown hair, weird hazel eyes and boobs that are way too big. Some girls might like having fuller breasts, but not me! The attention they attract makes me feel really uncomfortable, literally over one summer they'd swelled. I know that I'm not the worst looking girl in my year, but I'm certainly not going to be winning the homecoming queen crown any time soon. I've always lacked style, but as I'm always getting paint over most of my clothes from my art classes I kind of stopped attempting to buy new things and settled for comfortable and practical.

I'd never really had issues with my looks until more recently, I guess it's because I've never really been trying to impress anyone. Having a crush on the one of the most popular and good looking guys at my school is starting to send my insecurities through the roof.

Ethan literally has every girl in school drooling over him and even some of the guys! As we've not hung out much this year I kind of forgot how much attention this guy gets. I totally get it, he's pretty breathtaking and, my god, his body is unbelievable. When he stripped in Art class it was hard not to focus on his well-conditioned, athletic body. I'm dying to run my hands all over his chest. Even when he was covered in a wetsuit at the beach I could see each of his muscles straining through the fabric.

The type of girls I've seen him with have always been totally gorgeous, well dressed and popular, the total opposite to me. But then...I know he likes me...I'm not imagining it. Art class proved that to me, I guess we've history from growing up together, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to see where this goes. I like the attention he is giving me, but how long before he starts to get bored of someone like me?

So, today I'm trying something a bit different. Today I'm wearing a figure hugging black dress and I was way out of my comfort zone. The neckline was high, but it certainly showed off the size of my large breasts and small waist. The dress came to just above my knee so it wasn't crazy short but I was certainly showing off more of my legs than I would normally do.

For the last twenty minutes I've been standing in front of my mirror chewing on my bottom lip debating if this was a good idea or not. Shit, let's do this! I take a deep breath, pick up my school bag and head down the stairs.

As I walk down the stairs Phoebe just gives me a warm smile, but Joanie gives me a full look over.

"About time Mia! My god I can actually be seen with you in school today, but those shoes really don't go, let me go get..."Joanie says, but I cut her off. "No these are fine, let's just get going shall we, these will be fine." I snap back. This outfit took long enough to choose, I wasn't making any changes now.

With another deep breath I put on my best smile and push open the front door.

Every morning Caleb and Ethan would come pick us all up in their top of the range cars. I'd always go with Caleb and blast the radio as soon as I got in the car making Caleb laugh. Whilst Ethan drove the others in, he always looked irritated in the mornings, guess he wasn't a morning person.

As I walk closer I can see Ethan leaning against his car bonnet scrolling through his phone looking bored and Sammy sat in the passenger seat tapping his fingers on the open window sill. Surprisingly, Caleb's car is not here.

"Hey!" I say awkwardly.

Ethan's eyes snap up from his phone and he gives me a big smile, then his eyes go wide as his gaze trails all the way down my body then back up to my face and his smile turns into a scowl.