Part 23 - The Nightclub

MIA

I hit redial for the eighth or maybe the ninth time, but Ethans phone is going straight to voicemail. I ping off a series of erratic text messages begging for him to call me, that Caleb just gave me a lift to the city and that I'm not in San Diego with him. I tell him everything, where I am and who I'm with, everything apart from the fact that Caleb kissed me, something like that I need to talk to Ethan about in person.

After nearly thirty minutes of standing outside the bar and failing miserably to contact my man, I give a sigh of defeat and head into the bar to meet Chloe, Amy and Isla. I'm tempted to catch the next train home, but our house is literally miles from town and there's no way I'd make the walk back in these heels from that station to my house. I finally concede that I'm just going to keep trying to contact him throughout the night and at the worst I'll speak to him tomorrow when I get back home.

--------

It's been four hours since I arrived at the club, i've had a few drinks but they're not really doing anything for me. I'm struggling to have a good time because all I can think of is Ethan and how much I want to see him, so I decide that it's time I get some water to clear my head. The others are off dancing somewhere, it's so crowded in here it feels like a meat market. I weave my way through the crowds of dancing people and head towards the bar, the music is banging so loud that the bartender can't hear my repeated pleas for water and I sink into a bar stool defeated.

"Bottle of water please." A husky voice commands from behind me and I see some notes thrown onto the bar. Within seconds a bottle of water is slammed onto the bar and the money is taken in one fluid move by the bartender before he heads off to serve someone else. I slowly spin in my seat to look at the person who just got me a bottle of water, I recognise his voice, but I need to see him with my own eyes to believe he is actually here.

As I turn around on my stool, my gaze slowly moves up till I see his piercing blue eyes glaring at me. Ethans chest is rising and falling quickly and I can tell he's crazy angry with me right now, but not caring I literally pounce on him hoping he'll catch me. My lips crash onto his and I run both my hands through his hair and around his neck, I'm excited to see him and I don't even attempt to hide it.

Thankfully Ethan wraps his big strong arms and yanks me closer to his body, he lifts me away from the bar without breaking the kiss and moves us away from the dance floor to the seating area which is quieter. Ethans hand roughly glides through my hair and he tugs it back breaking the kiss, my eyes are dazed with lust but his are cold with anger.

"I'm seriously pissed with you right now!" he grits out practically growling at me but my heart just swells.

He came for me.

ETHAN

I don't know if it's the alcohol or if she's just genuinely happy to see me but Mia can't stop smiling at me like a love sick puppy, her hands are wound tightly around my neck and she's gripping onto me like she's scared I'm about to leave her here. Oh she has no fucking idea, she'll be lucky if I ever let her leave my side again after this little stunt.

I'm so fucking angry with her, but how she is looking at me in pure lust and love whilst stroking the back of my neck with her fingertips makes me forget everything momentarily and I close my eyes enjoying her touch. Soon enough though my eyes snaps open again remembering how annoyed I am at her. Ditching school, running off with him into the night with an overnight bag, I nearly lost my fucking mind when I got home from practice and read that note next to my broken up phone that he'd stolen from my gym bag. That smug fucking bastard, even i'm a little surprised he'd go to this lengths to hurt me. Thankfully Sammy had an old phone that I managed to get my sim card into and finally see all the messages and texts from Mia. I jumped straight in my car to come and collect her, but I'm still totally pissed off.