Part 6 - Art Class

ETHAN

Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel impatiently, I'm sitting waiting for the Collins sisters to leave their house so I can start the usual Monday school run. They're late again. But today I'm not frustrated that they're late or even the fact that Caleb has just blocked me in again. I even ignored his cocky grin this time. My eyes are focused on their door, waiting to get my first glimpse of her. It was only yesterday that we went surfing, but I'm already itching to spend more time with Mia Collins, the girl I promised myself I'd stay away from.

The door finally flies open and I expect to see Phoebe first like normal, but today it's Mia and my hands clench around the steering wheel tightly. Her dark brown locks are bouncing around her face, those big beautiful greeny brown eyes are full of life and she's a wide smile on her face. But today is different, her smiles not for Caleb, her smile is all for me. I smirk back at her as her eyes lock onto mine for the entire walk down from her house to Caleb's car. She's fucking breathtaking.

However my joy is short-lived when pangs of jealousy hit me so hard I feel like I've been punched in the gut as I watch her disappear into Caleb's car and they drive off together. To say I'm tense right now is an understatement. My thoughts are running a hundred miles an hour, wondering what they're talking about. Has he leaned in and kissed her? Is he running his hand up and down her perfect bare thigh whilst he's driving like how i've always wanted to do. Fuck, this is why i've kept my distance this last year.

I'm a real asshole for the rest of the journey to everyone in the car so no one bothers to try and talk to me. As we pull into school everyone jumps out without saying as much as a goodbye and dash off leaving me sat alone. Thank god, some peace at last. I close my eyes, cover my face with my hand and lean back on the head rest to try and get my shit together when a knock on my window makes me jump. I look up to see Mia looking in with those big beautiful eyes of hers and I quickly get out of the car to get closer to her.

"Hey, you ok?" She asks, looking at me quizzically.

"Yeah, just a bit of a headache. Seems to happen a lot when I'm driving Joanie into school for some weird reason." I joke which makes her smile.

"So, umm, we never agreed on where we'd meet tomorrow. I just wanted to see what you'd prefer? You could go over to mine again, but I'm pretty sure Joanie will..." She starts but I cut her off.

"Come to mine, you know where my bedroom is. I've football practice till seven, are you OK to come round just after, i'll just need to get a quick shower?" Fuck cock block Joanie this time, I need to be alone with Mia again.

Mia moves a piece of hair behind her ear before nodding, a huge blush covers her face. I wonder if she's imagining me in the shower right now because I know I'm now thinking about her in one.

"Yeah sure, Seven works for me. I better get going or I'm gonna be late for art class." Mia smiles and starts to walk away, but I fall into step with her. I'm not ready to let her go just yet.

"I'm walking this way too." I say lying.

We chat and laugh a little as we walk into school and I walk her all the way to her classroom. I want to prove to her that I wasn't embarrassed to be seen with her, I was seriously taken aback when she said that yesterday. Mia must be out of her fucking mind to think this, i'd do anything to be seen walking around school with her, holding her hand, kissing her whenever I wanted too.

When we get to her art class door I go to say goodbye, but the classroom door swings open abruptly and Mia's art teacher strides out with a flustered look on her face.

"Oh you! You, there boy! You're nice and strong. Follow me!" She commands, I go to refuse but the teacher has already disappeared back inside before I have the chance. Mia giggles and I roll my eyes playfully.